Help me! My save files from my old computer won't work!

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Jriles123

Help me! My save files from my old computer won't work!

Post by Jriles123 »

I recently changed computers and last night I realized that I never got around to finishing Lily's route a long time ago (yea I know) and now when I transferred my saves from my old laptop to my new one, I can't load any of the old saves because I am missing a file called "traceback.txt" from the katawa shoujo folder. However, upon copying that file from the other computer it just brings up that text thats in the file and still doesn't let me load an old save. I copied the Renpy folder from my old computer and then eventually I got to this point where loading an old save on my new computer gave me this message. Note that my old laptop is windows xp and my current PC is windows 7; not sure if that matters or not.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\renpy\main.py", line 144, in main
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: 'C:\\Users\\Jriles123\\AppData\\Roaming\\RenPy\\katawashoujo_actual_1.1\\3-LT1.save/*.*'

Before loading the script.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e

I read about other people having similar problems and it was said that the problem could be that I am on Katawa shoujo 1.1 which would render my old saves useless due to an update in RenPy and whatnot. If that is correct is it possible to download the old version? If it is not correct then what is a possible fix?
Also, I am going out soon so I'm not sure if I will be able to reply to this thread until later tonight.

Edit: This is the thread that I refernced http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=8847
Thanks for any help
Last edited by Jriles123 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demonix

Re: Help me! My save files from my old computer won't work!

Post by demonix »

Save files from version 1.0 of the game won't work on version 1.1, so you'll have to start from scratch (although the persistent file will still work, so you won't lose everything you've unlocked on your old computer).