Youtube Copyright Rules

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
JHawk

Youtube Copyright Rules

Post by JHawk »

Hey, I'm a youtuber who makes playthroughs of games on post them on my channel. I was wondering what kind of guidelines (if any) must I follow to get you to allow me to playthrough Katawa Shoujo and post it?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Youtube Copyright Rules

Post by Silentcook »

Nothing much. Respect our license (found at the bottom of the link), mention that Katawa Shoujo is the work of 4LS, don't use our stuff to summon elder demons or detonate stray nuclear devices you might have laying about, that sort of thing.

Be warned that there are already quite a few YouTube playthroughs floating around.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

JHawk

Post by JHawk »

Ok thanks :)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The last YT playthrough I watched (well for about 45 seconds) had the "author" read out all the dialogue...
While I sometimes enjoy watching Let's Plays, and some people manage to add a whole new layer of entertainment with their comments, watching a read out a visual novel on youtube might just be the most boring thing I can imagine.^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

Not exactly boring, but pointless and stupid. Arcade games, roguelikes and all other games with higher than moderate replayability are fine, but how do you exactly lp a visual novel, especially so intimate and feelful as KS?