[SOLVED] Buggy Fullscreen (Win 7)

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Gamera Ramen

[SOLVED] Buggy Fullscreen (Win 7)

Post by Gamera Ramen »

KS (both the demo and the full version) don't keep their proportions when I switch to fullscreen. While they're supposed to stat the same proportions and just place black bars on either side, they now stretch to take up the entire monitor (I have a 1366x768 screen, so it's very distorted.) I've tried other Ren`Py games, including ones released before KS and they have no such problem. Additionally, all of the ones I tried let me resize my window, which neither KS will let me do.
Updating my driver, changing my screen resolution, uninstalling and reinstalling, and waiting have all failed. The maker of Ren`Py said it was because I wasn't in 'GL mode,' which all my Googlefu can't help with.
Anybody know why this might be happening or how to fix it?
Alternative question: would any of the modifications made to the Ren'Py engine by the devs possibly cause this? Were any modifications to the visuals of the engine made (besides menus and sprites/backgrounds of course)?
Last edited by Gamera Ramen on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
onenightblitz

Re: Buggy Fullscreen (Win 7)

Post by onenightblitz »

First, window resizing is LOCKED in KS. If you want windowed mode, you're gonna deal with 800x600.

Second, the fullscreen stretch is done by hardware, not the game. By default, it fullscreens to 800x600 unlike newer Ren'Py games. You need to look for the option called "Keep Aspect Ratio".
Gamera Ramen

Re: Buggy Fullscreen (Win 7)

Post by Gamera Ramen »

I'm disappointed with myself for not trying that sooner. Thanks a bunch for bringing common sense into this!
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).