How do I keep the music playing?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
ILoveRin

How do I keep the music playing?

Post by ILoveRin »

I have a dual monitor set up and I frequently switch between windows when I'm using the computer. When I read Katawa Shoujo I really enjoy the music, but when I click on another window the music stops. I never actually minimize the KS window; it's always in view. How can I get it so that the music plays regardless of whether the focus is on the KS window? At the moment I'm putting up with the music stop-starting a lot and whilst it's not a major issue, I'd love to know how to fix it.

Thanks.
neio

Re: How do I keep the music playing?

Post by neio »

What OS are you on? For my Windows 7 setup, the music keeps playing even when the game is minimized.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
ILoveRin

Post by ILoveRin »

neio wrote:What OS are you on? For my Windows 7 setup, the music keeps playing even when the game is minimized.
I am using windows 7. I have tried running it normally and running it in XP compatibility but that did not work for me.

I should also add that when I minimize the window, the music does keep playing, but when I click into a java app for example, the music stops (even though I can still see the window, and KS is not pausing because text continues to move and when I click back onto KS the music is in a different place).
neio

Post by neio »

This is a feature of the KS game (or possibly the RenPy engine; I haven't checked) where it mutes once it loses audio focus. You can download the whole KS soundtrack as an album and play that in something like Windows Media Player.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
ILoveRin

Post by ILoveRin »

neio wrote:You can download the whole KS soundtrack as an album and play that in something like Windows Media Player.
I thought about this, but the way the music changes to suit each environment and the sound effects are something that I would miss. I think I'll just put up with the stop-starting, it's not bad, I just wondered if there was something I could do.
neio

Post by neio »

ILoveRin wrote:
neio wrote:You can download the whole KS soundtrack as an album and play that in something like Windows Media Player.
I thought about this, but the way the music changes to suit each environment and the sound effects are something that I would miss. I think I'll just put up with the stop-starting, it's not bad, I just wondered if there was something I could do.
Avoid java? http://istherejava0day.com/