Question about Copyright regarding a Project

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Bulbasura

Question about Copyright regarding a Project

Post by Bulbasura »

I have a question regarding copyright:
I have went through the entire first act and a second act as you would do a normal playthrough, writing down every box of text into word, in a novel format. Furthermore, I have taken screenshots from the game and added pictures to this "book" in a book publishing program. Can I use a website that allows you to print books to print what I've done without breaking copyright, when it's only one copy of the book and it's not going to be for sale? I have a feeling that no matter if I'm going to sell it or not, it's still their work and I can't copy it at all, but I still doubt myself, hoping I can. I truly want this, with how much time I've put into it, but I just need to know if it's okay for me to do this or not. If anyone knows anything, I would appreciate knowing, so I can know now to just toss all this before paying to print it and get sued or something else unfortunate happens.
Thank you, JP
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Question about Copyright regarding a Project

Post by Silentcook »

As long as it stays exclusively for your private use and not for sale or redistribution we're fine with it.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Bulbasura

Re: Question about Copyright regarding a Project

Post by Bulbasura »

Thank you for answering me.
I will do this then, thank you. It was time-consuming work and I should have asked this question first, haha. But in the end it's fine, and I didn't just waste hours of my life.
Thanks again.