Missing a few scenes. (Rin Act 3 and Emi Act 4)

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Fray

Missing a few scenes. (Rin Act 3 and Emi Act 4)

Post by Fray »

I'm at 98%, I've gotten all the endings, I'm just missing a few scenes here and there, and I don't know how to get to them. And unfortunately, I don't have any save files, so I have to start from the beginning. Thank god for skip mode. Could anyone tell me how to get to these missing scenes? The diagrams I've found are not really great to tell me how to reach specific scenes, so if I could just get the names of the choices I need to click, that would be really awesome. I'd prefer to not have to make a million save files and stumble around blindly, as that didn't work so well for me, which is why I came here.

Here's what I'm missing.

Side note: It took me forever to figure out that "Nurse" is NOT the correct answer for which character has purple hair. Seems silly to me, because his hair is definitely more purple than Hanako's is.
RichieBerry

Re: Missing a few scenes. (Rin Act 3 and Emi Act 4)

Post by RichieBerry »

The full flow chart with scenes might be a bit easier to understand http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5534.

For Emi's route, you need to get the good ending by talking to Emi's mom, rather than going after Emi and then saving it with Misha (if that makes sense).

Rin is kind of complicated. You need to say "I think you'd be a big hit" or "You should aim high" to get the scene BADAAN! At least, I'm pretty sure. You should probably make some save states, in case it's more complicated than that.

Edit: Also for Rin, you need to say "You're amazing!" to get "I think you'd be a big hit" or say "I want to be more like Emi" to get "You should aim high." If you say "I wish I was as good as you" and "I want to be more like Rin" you won't even be given the option of choosing something that leads to BADAAN! Rin's route is very complicated, but the Rin chart in the post I linked to does a very good job of explaining it. The most important thing is the colors of the arrows. Your choices can change the color of the arrow, and from there you have to follow that color of arrow.
"Why do you make that noise? Are you mad? Well, obviously. Good. Your sweater is terrible, and I want you to feel bad about it. The burn tells me it is working."
"I like my sweater."
"I'm sure you like huffing glue, too. That doesn't make it right."
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

One further note about Emi's route: to even get the choice of talking to Emi's mom, you had to talk to Mutou rather than say you're too busy.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Fray

Post by Fray »

Ah, thank you! I will post if it worked when I get the chance to play again. Much appreciated!
Fray

Post by Fray »

SUCCESS! Thank you~ The flow chart did help some, but actually having it put into words made the difference. Now I can justify going back through and replaying without trying to figure out what is missing. (Though I finally noticed that you get checks on the options you've selected in the past.)
RichieBerry

Post by RichieBerry »

Glad to be of help. And that was a good catch Griffon, I forgot that.
"Why do you make that noise? Are you mad? Well, obviously. Good. Your sweater is terrible, and I want you to feel bad about it. The burn tells me it is working."
"I like my sweater."
"I'm sure you like huffing glue, too. That doesn't make it right."