All my Extras have disappeared?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
epsilonbeta9

All my Extras have disappeared?

Post by epsilonbeta9 »

I have been playing KS for a while, and I had already finished all of Shizune, Rin and Emi's Arcs. I had all but 2 songs, most of the gallery, and (of course) 4 of the "movies".
Today, Jan 9 2013, I quit KS after deleting old saves; it froze on the quit screen (all black), and my computer froze. I shut down using the power button, as nothing was working. I restarted my computer, and when I reloaded KS all of the extras were gone - every gallery file, song, and movie had disappeared. What was strange was that my Save files were intact, and even though the main screen did NOT show the small images that meant I had completed certain acts, I was still able to load my remaining saves.
Is there any way to fix this issue and get all my extras back, or am I going to have to restart the entire game?
OtakuNinja

Re: All my Extras have disappeared?

Post by OtakuNinja »

Are you sure you deleted the right files? :? Did you do it in-game or from the desktop?
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

OtakuNinja wrote:Are you sure you deleted the right files? :? Did you do it in-game or from the desktop?
This.

Maybe your Extras got corrupted when you had to do that "hard reset" of your computer.

Hey, you never know.
Hanako Lover
demonix

Post by demonix »

It's likely that hard reset corrupted the persistent file (that stores the information about what has been unlocked), and once that has been buggered you'll have to start back at square one to be able to unlock everything that has been lost.