I am a noob

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
calebacea097

I am a noob

Post by calebacea097 »

just download ks and ren'py and i just need to know how do i get it work so i can play the game

edit
i'm running lubunt on a 32-bit system

edit/edit
everytime i try to execute the ks.sh it opens as text and if i try through the terminal it says there is no comand to open it
Last edited by calebacea097 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: I am a noob

Post by Silentcook »

You should start by stating your OS, at least. But assuming you're a Windows user: the Windows download (size: 431 megs) is an executable, doubleclick it to install KS. There was no need to download Ren'Py, in fact the current version is different from the one we packaged with the game.

If you have a very small file: you downloaded the torrent file, not the game installer. See elsewhere in this forum section, or just Google "torrent client".
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

udscbt

Re: I am a noob

Post by udscbt »

Just doubleclick on "Katawa Shoujo.sh". If it doesn't work check if the file is marked as executable (right click>Properties or "chmod +x Katawa\ Shoujo.sh" in the terminal)