Transferring save files? (Mac)

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Wisba

Transferring save files? (Mac)

Post by Wisba »

Hi guys. I wanted to continue my game that I had started on my old computer. I had almost 100% complete, so I figured I would try and get my old data instead of restarting the game.

After searching a bit I found the way to transfer the save files over from my old computer to my new one. I have the .save files and I put them in my Library, but Im not sure what to do after I transfer the files. When I open the game it doesnt give me an option to load, and it acts like it's a brand new copy of the game. :( any help would be much obliged <3
demonix

Re: Transferring save files? (Mac)

Post by demonix »

I'm not a mac expert, but did you put the files in the correct folder (if you created the folder yourself before running the game, that might be the reason it's acting in that way as it might have either created the correct folder when it was run for the first time or it overwrote the other folder) and did you also copy the persistent file that was in the same folder as the save files (it contains all the data you've unlocked in the game).
Wisba

Re: Transferring save files? (Mac)

Post by Wisba »

demonix wrote:I'm not a mac expert, but did you put the files in the correct folder (if you created the folder yourself before running the game, that might be the reason it's acting in that way as it might have either created the correct folder when it was run for the first time or it overwrote the other folder) and did you also copy the persistent file that was in the same folder as the save files (it contains all the data you've unlocked in the game).

I have the persistent file, and I was thinking that might be the issue, but I cant find where to put the folder I saved off my old computer. I tried searching for my new computers version of the RenPY folder/Katawa Shoujo folder, but I haven't found anything. I even started a new game and saved in hopes to create a save folder somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. Currently, the RenPY folder I saved from my old computer is in my Library (/User/<user name>/Library) and seems to be unchanged.
I'll try looking again for any new Katawa Shoujo folder my computer might have created though :)