I Need Help, Support Appreciated

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Nightwolf214

I Need Help, Support Appreciated

Post by Nightwolf214 »

So I'm new here to the forums, and I could use some help trouble-shooting. I have two problems.

The first being, that my Anti-Virus, AVG 2012, seems to think KS is a major threat and uninstalls it every time I start it up. I can temporarily disable it as a temporary a fix, but if anyone has a suggestion for a permanent fix, it would be appreciated.

The second problem is that when I install KS, the Desktop icon is broken. It doesn't show the standard image, but a broken icon image instead, and uninstalling/reinstalling it hasn't helped, re-downloading it hasn't helped either. Help would be greatly appreciated.
demonix

Re: I Need Help, Support Appreciated

Post by demonix »

If you want a permanent fix to your anti-virus problems, then you should get rid of that placebo and install something better (trust me on this, I was hit by an AVG false positive once and that was the last time I let it protect my computer).

As for your icon problem, it could be that AVG is interfering and blocking the shortcut from accessing the file that generates the icon (again, removing that placebo of an anti-virus should fix it and if it doesn't, then you can point it to the correct icon).
Nightwolf214

Post by Nightwolf214 »

What would you suggest to replace AVG? Otherwise, thanks.
demonix

Post by demonix »

Nightwolf214 wrote:What would you suggest to replace AVG?
Avast! is a good option since it's what I decided to use to replace AVG (and it isn't as much of a false positive black hole as AVG since it has had a few blips, but only one of them could be classed as serious).
Nightwolf214

Post by Nightwolf214 »

My friend recommended the same thing. Odd coincidence. Thanks again!
Nightwolf214

Post by Nightwolf214 »

I forgot to post when I fixed it a few days ago, but I got things working again, and everything's fine. Thanks for your help!