[Linux release] Included python not executable (resolved)

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Tima

[Linux release] Included python not executable (resolved)

Post by Tima »

Good day, KS forums. When attempting to use the Linux-x86 script on Debian-Testing (Wheezy) AMD64:

Code: Select all

$ sh Katawa\ Shoujo\ Act\ 1.sh 
./lib/python: 23: ./lib/python: /home/tima/downloads/Katawa Shoujo Act 1 v5-linux-x86/lib/linux-x86/python.real: not found
./lib/python: 23: ./lib/python: /home/tima/downloads/Katawa Shoujo Act 1 v5-linux-x86/lib/linux-iliad/python.real: not found
Could not find a python that runs on your platform. Sorry.
I've checked both of these files, and they're in the directories they need to be. I've also done '# chmod 755 ./lib/linux-x86/python.real' to see if it was a permission issue, but the script returns the same error after I re-run the script; what should I do to correct this issue? Is my syntax correct?
Last edited by Tima on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onenightblitz

Re: [Linux release] Included python not executable

Post by onenightblitz »

Have you tried checking your Python version? Normally, most Python-based programs (like that of Ren'Py) run on Python 2.x. As far as Linux is concerned, I only know that Ubuntu 12.10 has made a shift to Python 3.x.
Tima

Post by Tima »

pyphon -v returns '2.7.3rc2", but my real issue isn't my system's pyphon interpreter, it's that of the one included and called by 'Katawa Shoujo Act 1.sh'.
onenightblitz

Post by onenightblitz »

Okay, I see your problem: you're running on a 64-bit system. The Ren'Py that comes with KS does that. Is there any way to snag x86 libraries for Debian, like ia32-libs?
Tima

Post by Tima »

That did it, thank you kindly. I could have sworn I had multi-lib support set up, but I guess I was mistaken.
onenightblitz

Re: [Linux release] Included python not executable (resolved

Post by onenightblitz »

You're very welcome :D