WHHHHHHYYYYYYY

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
MishaAtHerEmiest

WHHHHHHYYYYYYY

Post by MishaAtHerEmiest »

One day I was at home with my sister, and I was playing the OST in the house. I mentioned "the feels" and she talked about how she got feels from watching a video about a man with no arms playing the guitar with his feet. She's never played KS and I've never mentioned many details. I launched the game to show her a CG of Rin painting, and then...
It happened.
The entire collage. It was totally gone. Not even the first picture of Hisao remained. It still had all my saves, but the Cinema, Library, Jukebox, and Gallery were all gone.
This was particularly devastating because I had reached 100% not even three weeks earlier.
How did this happen? Has anyone else experienced this? Do I have to do every route again?
I am Misha at her Emiest. It's a fact of life.
Character: Misha>Emi>Shizune>Rin>Hanako>Lilly
Path: Emi>Rin>Lilly>Hanako=Shizune
Xanatos

Re: WHHHHHHYYYYYYY

Post by Xanatos »

Would it be so bad if you did?

And it's never happened to me but browsing older threads, it seems to be a relatively common issue, at least. And yes, you do. I'd give it a few months though to let the details slip away.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

I keep hearing countless stories about this happening to people, but it's never happened to myself. I'm going to go back up my files now...
Last edited by ShadeHaven on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

With strategic saving around act three of each route and using autoskip, you can get to nearly 100% in about an hour. Act 1 will be the most complicated to complete. Just think of it as popping in your favorite rom-com and fast-forwarding to the best parts.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

It's the game's way of telling you to go through it again. If you cheat, Nomiya will know. He's watching you, you know.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Don't panic, you can unlock the content again fairly quickly by enabling the option to skip unread text and to keep skipping after you've made a decision.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Pyramid Head wrote:Don't panic, you can unlock the content again fairly quickly by enabling the option to skip unread text and to keep skipping after you've made a decision.
Why would you skip unread text? :P Misses the point.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Happened to me twice as well, probably after the program not quitting correctly. Taught me to back up my save folder. After the second time, just replacing the backup fixed things up.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Pyramid Head

Post by Pyramid Head »

Xanatos wrote:
Pyramid Head wrote:Don't panic, you can unlock the content again fairly quickly by enabling the option to skip unread text and to keep skipping after you've made a decision.
Why would you skip unread text? :P Misses the point.
Um... the point of quickly unlocking footage you've already seen so you can skip to the good stuff like the scene where Rin walks around with her shirt undone high off her tits? No, quickly restoring the original 100% completion is why i made that suggestion. You can go back through the novel at any time, but you can't stare at Hanako's ass unless you unlock that picture by going through the good route first.
The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Just think of it as popping in your favorite rom-com and fast-forwarding to the best parts.
Rom-com, really? That's what you went with as an example?

Not that I really have anything against them -honestly, it's just a few giving the rest a bad name- but you could easily have just used the general 'movie' term.

I think this headache is putting me in a mood to nitpick.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

MishaAtHerEmiest wrote:One day I was at home with my sister, and I was playing the OST in the house. I mentioned "the feels" and she talked about how she got feels from watching a video about a man with no arms playing the guitar with his feet. She's never played KS and I've never mentioned many details. I launched the game to show her a CG of Rin painting, and then...
It happened.
The entire collage. It was totally gone. Not even the first picture of Hisao remained. It still had all my saves, but the Cinema, Library, Jukebox, and Gallery were all gone.
This was particularly devastating because I had reached 100% not even three weeks earlier.
How did this happen? Has anyone else experienced this? Do I have to do every route again?

Hey, at least they didn't accidentally see any of the sex scene CGs. Then things could've gotten awkward.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Helbereth wrote:
WorldlyWiseman wrote:Just think of it as popping in your favorite rom-com and fast-forwarding to the best parts.
Rom-com, really? That's what you went with as an example?

Not that I really have anything against them -honestly, it's just a few giving the rest a bad name- but you could easily have just used the general 'movie' term.

I think this headache is putting me in a mood to nitpick.
You have to admit, there is some overlap. KS doesn't follow the formula, sure, but we have a guy at one point chasing down a plane to profess his love.

If it helps, I wouldn't use a Nicholas Sparks movie as an example.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.