Missing a large amount of scenes I've seen before?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Sothe52

Missing a large amount of scenes I've seen before?

Post by Sothe52 »

Alright, first time posting, so if I'm doing something wrong, please tell me.

I downloaded Katawa Shoujo somewhere around a week ago, and I love it. I have finished 4 of the stories - the good path for Emi, Hanako, Rin, and Lilly, in that order. However, I am missing a lot of scenes. I don't just mean scenes unlocked by making a certain choice, but scenes I've seen as well. (No pun intended) It's most noticeable with Rin and Lilly's arcs - I'm missing Rin's entire fourth arc and all but the first few in her third arc, and I'm missing Lilly's entire second arc and the first two in her third arc. Since I did Lilly's immediately after Rin's, it's like for a while it just stopped recording what scenes I'd unlocked, then kicked in again. I'm also missing the associated images. I think I'm missing some scenes from other stories that I've seen, but not nearly as many. So why did this happen? I have saved at points in these sections of their stories, so I know that's not it. I'd appreciate help!
onenightblitz

Re: Missing a large amount of scenes I've seen before?

Post by onenightblitz »

Did you finish KS with the help of a flowchart or mistakenly selected a choice before saving?

If you did finish Katawa Shoujo with a flowchart, chances are that the flowchart is a bit inaccurate to the game's actual flow. Try going over the game from the beginning and see any changes.

If you did select a choice before saving and returned to the choice and save (for example in my case, in that scene from the Hanako route where Lilly leaves and you have a choice between going out or staying in school, then I selected one of them and went back, saved, and never get to see one of the three endings), you're screwed. The devs employed some sort of "rollback blocking" method wherein, if you do select a choice in the game, it erases your chances of going through a different route.