I cannot save at all.

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
forme111

I cannot save at all.

Post by forme111 »

Well. It's been a while since i late played KS and had my computer wiped since. I have some issues at the moment with most installers, I will need to reinstall windows 7 shortly but the katawa shoujo one worked fine. I was playing the start again, and wanted to make a save file for easy competion later. However, when i tryed that.this came on my screen:
IOError [Errno 13] Permission denied
'C:\\(my name)\\appdata\\Roaming/RenPy/katawashoujo_actual/1-LT1.save'

you might want to try saving in a differnt slot or try again later.

please click to continue.

Welll that is really bad, because i cant finish a route in one sitting I think. Any help on t

Thanks in advance.
dwarduk

Re: I cannot save at all.

Post by dwarduk »

forme111 wrote:Well. It's been a while since i late played KS and had my computer wiped since. I have some issues at the moment with most installers, I will need to reinstall windows 7 shortly but the katawa shoujo one worked fine. I was playing the start again, and wanted to make a save file for easy competion later. However, when i tryed that.this came on my screen:
IOError [Errno 13] Permission denied
'C:\\(my name)\\appdata\\Roaming/RenPy/katawashoujo_actual/1-LT1.save'

you might want to try saving in a differnt slot or try again later.

please click to continue.

Welll that is really bad, because i cant finish a route in one sitting I think. Any help on t

Thanks in advance.
It sounds to me like a folder has been set to read only that shouldn't be set to read only. If you have access, go to the folder outside the one the save file is in, right-click on katawashoujo_actual, choose Properties and uncheck Read Only? It will probably start in either a checked or a block (some things within the folder are checked) state, so cycle through until it's unchecked, click ok, and tell it to do it to all subfolders and files.

If the katawashoujo_actual folder doesn't exist, try doing the same thing to the one above it, and so on.

Alternatively, some program mistakenly has the folder open and locked for editing, in which case I have no idea.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>