I need assistance

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Megumeru

I need assistance

Post by Megumeru »

So after a fresh reboot, my PC acted like a beech and--unfortunately--erased all my saves for KS (understandably. It is a reinstall after system crash).

Now, if you haven't read the VN then please evacuate this thread. If you have, please continue:
I need a few things because right now, I'm having a hard time to try to complete one of my fiction (I won't say which) and if possible I need it stat.

1. I need a COMPLETE SAVE of ALL THE ROUTES. This includes pictures, bgm, etc.
alternatively
2. a way to recover my saves. It should still be somewhere; my backup was made after I completed KS so it should still have my full-save...maybe. Problem is how to find and link it--would a reinstall work?
another alternative
3. I need a number of particular scenes (Lilly touching Hisao's face for the first time, wheat field, and scenes about her second leave)

...or I can just reread it again. I don't mind rereading it again--good fun--but the above are basically 'shortcuts'.

help...?

p.s.
if you're interested in being a proof-reader/editor or anything to do with my written work, feel free to drop a PM. Questions are welcomed too
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Episcia

Re: I need assistance

Post by Episcia »

I'm all for reading it all over again. Nothing beats a rereading and more episodes of fuzzy or heartbreaking feels.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

With skip mode, strategic saving on each route, and a good memory of each path, you can probably net 100% in about an hour. Now, this is if you don't pause at certain scenes to squee.

Is speedrunning even a thing with VNs?
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.
Zerero

Post by Zerero »

WorldlyWiseman wrote:Is speedrunning even a thing with VNs?
I laughed.

Sorry for not having anything useful to contribute. Personally, I would recommend you just reread. But I can definitely understand how that wouldn't be terribly convenient.
Favorite girl: Lilly

Great game, too many feels.

Lilly>Hanako=Emi>Shizune>Rin
ZXRN

Post by ZXRN »

I don't know if this will actually work. But I think there's a program called "R undelete" which restores the previous stuff you've deleted permanently.
I'll do my best to be my Emiest.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Recuva is also a tool to get back deleted files. You could always try.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I have the files now! :D

Thanks guys! :D

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Buy a USB hard drive, and make a backup! If not for your KS save, for not having to rip all your CDs and stuff again!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

metalangel wrote:Buy a USB hard drive, and make a backup! If not for your KS save, for not having to rip all your CDs and stuff again!
Yeah, I should. Most of my stuff are installed on my external hard drive, but so is my backup.

At least it didn't went as bad as it was the last time. I lost an entire archive of three-years worth of scavenging and collecting Touhou doujins (non-H ones) and that was an experience would not find pleasure going through again.

SHII-HAEL!