Traceback error.

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Pazx

Traceback error.

Post by Pazx »

Partway through Lilly's path (in the wheat fields) Hisao and Lilly are having an emotional discussion and then the game crashes, a notepad window opens up and this error message appears above the notepad window: "cannot find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Katawa Shoujo\Traceback.txt file". This happens every time I try to play through that part.

I'm very new here but I would love to keep experiencing this wonderful VN so quick help would be appreciated.

Also: I'm running Windows 7.
demonix

Re: Traceback error.

Post by demonix »

To be honest I don't even know why you're getting that error since there is no traceback.txt file in my install on my laptop at least (and that runs windows 7 as well).

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and see if it happens again (just make sure you backup the katawashoujo_actual folder in appdata/roaming/renpy as it contains your save and progress files).

I've gotten past that part of Lilly's route on both my computers so it isn't a OS based fault.
Pazx

Post by Pazx »

Well it's working fine now and I haven't done anything. Not sure why, but thank you anyway.
demonix

Post by demonix »

It probably was a glitch that cleared itself.