Data has disappeared? Help! D:

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Revvy

Data has disappeared? Help! D:

Post by Revvy »

Okay, I loaded up KS this morning and was planning on getting a few Bad endings done, I noticed that in my Extras, the completion had gone down from 93% to 1% and all the stuff from the gallery/library etc was gone but my save data's are all still there...

What has happened and can i reverse it or do i have to start from scratch? :(
So...Revvy enjoys lemon lube then? -Xanatos
(Yes I Do.)
Currently Reading: Scissorlips' Suzu Route.
PikKirby

Re: Data has disappeared? Help! D:

Post by PikKirby »

KS Save files are in: (Win7)
C:\Users\UserNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual
Perhaps your save files were corrupted?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It's happened to a few people, including me. It appears to have something to do with a file getting corrupted. As far as I know, there really isn't a fix for it. Your best bet is to just put things on skip and let the game run through the stuff until you get back to where you were. Make a save for every choice and it really doesn't take all that long.
Not Dead Yet
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Hmm this sucks in all honesty, will just delete all data and playthrough all paths again, thanks for explaining it guys :-)
(Yes I Do.)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Revvy wrote:Hmm this sucks in all honesty, will just delete all data and playthrough all paths again, thanks for explaining it guys :-)
Admit it. You were looking for an excuse to play it all again, weren't you? :wink:
Not Dead Yet
Revvy

Post by Revvy »

Oddball wrote:
Revvy wrote:Hmm this sucks in all honesty, will just delete all data and playthrough all paths again, thanks for explaining it guys :-)
Admit it. You were looking for an excuse to play it all again, weren't you? :wink:
Not really, but I won't complain :wink:
(Yes I Do.)
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Corrupted KS data... once again, the feminist agenda wreaks havoc on the innocent public.

WHEN WILL WE LEARN?
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Happened to me as well, but my was because my laptop battery died, but I think I only lost 2% of my progress.

There's nothing oyu can do to recover the lost data. Sorry bro/brotress.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

The record of your progress seems to be in a file called "persistent", stored in the "katawashoujo_actual"-folder in "C:\Users\UserNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy". It's not possible to repair this file unfortunately, as it seems to be encrypted. As a preemptive measure against corruption, you can (and should) make a copy of the entire "katawashoujo_actual"-folder periodically to a separate location. In the event of corruption, you can then just restore this folder and only suffer minimal losses. More specifically, restoring a backup of the "persistent"-file should help in most cases.
demonix

Post by demonix »

^That would be correct it you're using windows 7 or vista, but for windows xp it's documents and settings not users, application data and not appdata and there's no roaming folder so the next folder after application data would be renpy.

Also you need to have all hidden files and folders visible otherwise you won't be able to find the appdata/application data folder.