Installation Problems on Windows

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
guest9

Installation Problems on Windows

Post by guest9 »

I've had no problem installing Act 1 of katawa shoujo but when I try to install the full game it show's an error message that says.

Installer Integrity check has failed.Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media.Contact the installer's company to obtain a new copy.
More information at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_ERROR

I've gone to the webpage and reinstalled multiple times, but it hasn't worked. Did anyone else have this problem? What was there solution? Please help! ;A;
Thisisausername

Re: Installation Problems on Windows

Post by Thisisausername »

guest9 wrote:I've had no problem installing Act 1 of katawa shoujo but when I try to install the full game it show's an error message that says.

Installer Integrity check has failed.Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media.Contact the installer's company to obtain a new copy.
More information at http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_ERROR

I've gone to the webpage and reinstalled multiple times, but it hasn't worked. Did anyone else have this problem? What was there solution? Please help! ;A;
I am having the same problem and I've tried downloading multiple times and tried the steps to resolve the error but nothing works.
dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Some extra clarification here: my friend on Skype asked me about this yesterday; one of his friends tried to download it and it wouldn't install. I uninstalled the game and tried to install from a new download from the direct link; it didn't work, giving that error. I then installed from my old copy of the downloaded file and it worked. Perhaps there has been some server issue affecting the integrity of the file there?

Oh, and I got my copy of the installer file to that acquaintance, and he installed it fine.
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
demonix

Post by demonix »

I have a feeling that something has gone wrong with the full game DDL links as I had the exact same problem with the linux version (when I tried to access the file I got a error from the archive manager stating that the file is corrupt), but the difference is that the linux version is reporting the wrong file size when downloading whilst the windows file is reporting the correct file size.

I tried downloading the torrent version and it worked so it might be one thing to try (although I do have a intact version of the windows installer).

Post by Guest »

Same problem with the DD Windows, any news about this?
BlueStar

Post by BlueStar »

I had the same problem. Tried the torrent and as I already had the DDL version in my downloads folder, my torrent client checked it and downloaded the few bytes I guess were missing and I was able to install it straight away.
BlackLeg

Post by BlackLeg »

BlueStar wrote:I had the same problem. Tried the torrent and as I already had the DDL version in my downloads folder, my torrent client checked it and downloaded the few bytes I guess were missing and I was able to install it straight away.
Had the same issue, but I also ended up accidentally doing this, and it worked out fine. Lucky that I didn't have to download the whole thing again!

Post by Guest »

I have tired everything i have seen in these forums like downloading the DDL then the torent and trying to do all kinds of crud to the thing at it still dosent work at all and even using the non-full verion dosent work whats going on here is it not comaptible with windows 7 or sumthing i wish i knew the exact minimum system requirements but unless i have that i really have NO CLUE as to why its not working *sigh*
demonix

Post by demonix »

There are no compatibility issues with windows 7 (I should know since I have the game installed on my laptop, and I had no issues).

As for the torrent, have you forced a recheck of the file as it might not have downloaded the missing parts.
maldand

Post by maldand »

has anyone fixed this problem yet? i really want to play the full version but cant with the DDL and torrent not working :(
Therealgma2000

Post by Therealgma2000 »

I really want to play this and I'm not able to! The DDL and torrent do not work and this is frustrating me beyond belief! Is there any way we can talk to the creators about this or at least the people in charge of the website? Please help!
Scotty.D

Post by Scotty.D »

for anyone still having troubles, i found out a work around (well i didn't really find it as much as saw how someone else fixed the issue and confirmed it for myself)... clear your internet history (you don't need to worry about cache or cookies but it won't hurt to do so if nothing important is being stored) and then just re-download the installer (i found this thread the same day as this message was posted if your wondering why the really late response)