Extras disappeared?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Starmz

Extras disappeared?

Post by Starmz »

Okay so I completed almost every single route when, for the first time ever, KS froze and stopped responding. So I ended it using Task Manager, not at all expecting all my extras and preferences to have disappeared.

Luckily (I am so relieved at this), my saves don't seem to have had suffered any, and the ONLY thing that concerns me is that all my extras and the little pictures you see in the starting screen whenever you reach act 1/2/3 etc. of a certain arc has ... disappeared. The extras are grayed out (except now I CAN click on some of them due to have started the game again), my preferences have been reset and whenever I load a save that's further along than the beginning, the characters are at first introduced as ??? in the name area until they speak a second time.

I find the missing pieces distressing as I adore the extras and really don't want to go through everything again - I can't even skip the text (unless I uncheck skip unread text) since apparently it thinks I haven't read anything. :/

Anyone have some way to help? Or do I have to do everything again?
starmz123

Re: Extras disappeared?

Post by starmz123 »

Oops, I forgot to log in. ^^;
Just posting so that people know I'm not a guest or anything~
demonix

Post by demonix »

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6023
^As I said in that thread it's most likely that the file that stores all the information relating to preferences and unlocked extras as been corrupted, either when the game locked up or when you force closed it.
starmz123

Post by starmz123 »

demonix wrote:http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=6023
^As I said in that thread it's most likely that the file that stores all the information relating to preferences and unlocked extras as been corrupted, either when the game locked up or when you force closed it.
Oh yes, I read all the threads concerning issues remotely similar to mine.
However, none stated any possible remedies or anything - looks like I'll just do everything again,
which is okay since I can just skip through everything ^^;
And I do want to read my favourite bits again <3

Thank you for your help!
Do you know which is the preference file though? I couldn't find any persistence file ... o w o
demonix

Post by demonix »

Well once the file is corrupted then there's nothing you can do.

Also the file in question is in a hidden area (if you don't have all files and folder shown).

In XP the file is stored in documents and settings/User*/application data/renpy/katawashoujo_actual

In 7 (and most likely vista) it's users/User*/appdata/roaming/renpy/katawashoujo_actual

*User would be the name of the user account (in windows 7 you can just select the name from the top of the right side menu in the start menu).
starmz123

Post by starmz123 »

Alright!
Thank you so very much! ^w^