Save error

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Taco

Save error

Post by Taco »

I can't save my game. Every time I try to , this comes up on a blue screen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save failed

The error message was:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'C:\\users\\??\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/katawashoujo_actual/1-LT1.save'

You might want to try saving in a different slot, or playing for a while and trying again later.

Please click to continue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no other save file available. When I click 'Create new save state' this error message will come up. Help please!! I even tried creating a save path 'katawashojo_actual' and moving all the save files from a folder called 'Digital-1264553264'. Still doesn't let me save.

Thanks!
Whoever

Re: Save error

Post by Whoever »

I think your problem may lie in your Windows user account name.

The game is trying to save in the following directory:
C:\\users\\??\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/katawashoujo_actual

Notice the two question marks, which appear where your user account name should lie.

You may be able to circumvent this problem creating a new user account (even with limited privileges) with "simple" characters only. Try to run the game from there.
Meshinca Felreiz

Post by Meshinca Felreiz »

Another thing that you should check is if you have recently used programs that cleans your computers "junk files".
I use Advanced SystemCare 4.
Softwares like those are famous for deleting things that they shouldn't aside from other famous/acknowledged programs installed in the computer.

I've encountered this before, I thought there was something wrong with my download so I deleted my Katawa Shoujo.
Now I went through it again, but it occurred to me to for the recently maintanence I've run on this computer.

Solution, simlpy reinstall Katawa Shoujo on the same directory path.
It will fill up those missing stuffs that were deleted.
You will be able to load your previous save AND you will be able to save it.

All the best.

I would like to take this chance to speak out my greatest gratitude to the developers of this game.
I suit so well with Emi, it feels as if it was Godsend.
Cheers. :wink:
mr_d000

Post by mr_d000 »

I have the same problem, but my user name is displayed in the file path

I0Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'C:\\Users\\Max\\AppData\\Roaming/RenPy/katawashoujo_actual_1.1/1-LT1.save'

I already looked for the RenPy folder, but it doesn´t exist and I tryed to create a folder with the name but it didn´t worked.
Meshinca Felreiz wrote: Solution, simlpy reinstall Katawa Shoujo on the same directory path.
It will fill up those missing stuffs that were deleted.
You will be able to load your previous save AND you will be able to save it.
I tryed this solution but didn´t worked

please help us!!! :cry: