Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
erundil
Location: at my desk, right in front of the monitor (may not be applicable when offline)

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by erundil »

Made a better flowchart. Here you go:
flowchart.7z
File ready for end-user. Format: PNG. Resolution: 5000x11500.
(7.67 MiB) Downloaded 2302 times
If you want to make it better or simply personalize it, I'm attaching the source files I used to make it.
These allow you to remove background or any elements you don't like, recolor something (some basic knowledge of picture editing required) or even recreate the entire flowchart from scratch (some advanced patience required).
Flowchart Raws.7z
XCF and DOCX files. To open/edit these you need Gimp and MS Word 2007 or higher (results with Photoshop and Open Office not guaranteed).
(15.02 MiB) Downloaded 912 times

While "better flowchart" may be up for debate, here are the facts:

PROs:
1. It's more intelligible which blocks are chapters, which are choices, which choices have a requirement to appear, and which arrow you have to follow (choices are attached to chapters now; no longer separate blocks).
2. The text of choices is copied from the game verbatim - no abbreviations, no simplifications, no guessing if what flowchart shows is what you actually chose.
3. All chapters are included, not just the ones you make choices in. You can now pause the game and find yourself on the flowchart, no matter what chapter you're at.
4. Rin's path is less tangled up - I used a lot of variables to fix that Gordian Knot.
5. I marked in which chapters the H-Scenes appear (aka sexy time scenes - so you can shoo the younglings out of your room).
6. The fonts are anti-aliased, so they're easier to read in non-native resolutions, compared to the flowchart from OP.

PROs or CONs (debatable):
1. The file resolution is higher (high definition is good, but results in larger file size, which is bad).
2. Fonts used are the same as the ones in game - "Playtime With Hot Toddies.ttf" (regular text) and "Playtime With Hot Toddies EU.ttf" (bold text). They are free. It's a con if you don't like them.
3. Flowchart's color palette is closer to the style of the game (if you don't like it, it's possible to recolor everything using the raw resources provided, but it's a lot of work).
4. I have placed some art in the remaining empty space unoccupied by the flowchart branches (this includes the game's logo, in-game sprites and chibi drawings of all 5 girls - you can remove them if you don't like them).

CONs:
1. Since the flowchart contains so much information, it can be a bit overwhelming.
2. Customization requires some experience with Gimp or Photoshop and is not intended for complete beginners.
Last edited by erundil on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
JVogie91

Post by JVogie91 »

Feuver wrote:Version 1.1 of the Flowchart is released!
Changed Hanako's + if you introduce to her, rather than apologize
Changed Hanako's bad ending, if she dislikes you too much, then bad ending anyway!

http://filesmelt.com/dl/KatawaShoujoFlowchart2.png
Your original Flowchart was correct though, you don't get the "Talk with Hanako" option if you "introduce" unless you also did "Library?" and "She was cute" In fact, I was able to get the Hanako route after choosing "She wasn't cute" because I chose "Library?" and "Apologize" So ya, your points based system is correct, you need two +'s and "introduce" isn't one of them.
TheHugLovingTornado

Post by TheHugLovingTornado »

The links broke today. An hour ago, I was able to access the flowcharts but now I get a page is not working firesmelt did not send any data error.
erundil
Location: at my desk, right in front of the monitor (may not be applicable when offline)

Post by erundil »

These links to newest version still work:
https://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?p=244007#p231200
(because the files are attached to the post, not uploaded to some other site)