Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
gamer55567

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by gamer55567 »

Laineygirl wrote:
gamer55567 wrote:Why aren't the links working for me? I can't seem to be able to connect to the server, and I know I didn't block it or anything. What gives?
All the links work fine for me. I don't know what to tell you.
It worked, my internet must have been acting funny that day.
neio

Post by neio »

Laineygirl wrote:
gamer55567 wrote:Why aren't the links working for me? I can't seem to be able to connect to the server, and I know I didn't block it or anything. What gives?
Works for me. I can re-host it on imgur if that works.

Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
gamer55567

Post by gamer55567 »

neio wrote:
Laineygirl wrote:

No, no, it's fine. Sometimes my internet gets all derpy at times, but it happens to even the best of us.
Alex5672

Post by Alex5672 »

ultrarare wrote:I think I just noticed something wrong in act 1, however. "Introduce" leads you down the Hanako/Lilly path, not apologize.
that is not true when i intruduced myself i was never able to get Hanako/Lillys route but when i apoligize i am able.
Anataboshi

Post by Anataboshi »

Can someone explain me what does all the "if Shizune >2" "if Hanako/Lilly >2" etc... means? I don't understand at all.
neio

Post by neio »

Anataboshi wrote:Can someone explain me what does all the "if Shizune >2" "if Hanako/Lilly >2" etc... means? I don't understand at all.
You'll see in other places there are things which say "Hanako/Lilly +"

Keep a note like this:

Code: Select all

Shizune: 0
Hanako/Lilly: 0
Every time you make a choice with "Hanako/Lilly +", add one to that counter:

Code: Select all

Introduced myself (Shizune +)
Went to the Library (Hanako/Lilly +)
Took Lilly's side in the Cold War (Hanako/Lilly +)

Shizune: 1
Hanako/Lilly: 2
Then, after the Cold War,

- if both counters are greater than 1, choose the higher one
- if one counter is greater than 1 and one counter is 0 or 1, choose the higher one
- if neither are greater than one, go to the Things You Can Do chapter.

If you chose the Shizune counter, go to the Event Horizon chapter
If you chose the Hanako/Lilly counter, go to the Paint By Numbers chapter.

Important note: the flowchart doesn't use ">", it uses "≥" (meaning greater than OR equal to). Here, I've used > 1, which has the same meaning as ≥ 2 for whole numbers.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Anataboshi

Post by Anataboshi »

Wow, thank you very much for your precise explanation ! Now I get it. It's really great !
katawakat

Post by katawakat »

Just wondering, but I counted the number of + options up to the cold war after reading the post that if both options (Shizune vs Lily/Hanako) are greater than one, choose the higher one. However, I seem to recall getting 4 vs 3 one time, and ended up getting Rin. Does the difference have to be greater than one?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

For one thing the maximum you can get for either of them until the decison in "Lunch Evolution Theory" is three.
For anyone you get two or more you get an additional option during that choice. If you decide to "read your book" anyway you still won't end up with either Shizune or Lilly/Hanako no matter how many points you got before. Those points have no effects whatsoever after this choice.

See this flowchart for details. It's a bit easier to understand.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
katawakat

Post by katawakat »

Yeah, you're right, it's only three - so is the read your book option always there or does it disappear if you've collected enough points for one side?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It's always there. If you choose it you'll be only anle to get on Rin's or Emi's routes.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
gamer55567

Post by gamer55567 »

neio wrote:
Laineygirl wrote:

On second thought, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea... I just had that same issue connecting to the server. I really don't get why it's happening so often. And the ironic part is that it happens when I need it most. At least imgur is more stable.
haydnbk25

Post by haydnbk25 »

Hey guys is there only version 1.1 of katawa shoujo cause thats the one i have and i broke my streak got every good ending with everybody gets neutrul ending with lilkly so heart broken
tnessfftto

Post by tnessfftto »

This is great! Thanks so much!

I'm new here, so maybe someone has already mentioned this, but I think there's a minor correction needed. In Act 1 (and full chart), I don't think there should be an arrow between "Give us a break!" (option in Cold War) and Event Horizon. I tried to follow that track and I couldn't. Plus, if you say "Give us a break!" there's no possible way to get Shizune up to +2, since that score was so recently zeroed out. So it would make sense that you can't get to Event Horizon from "Give us a break!"

I believe the same to be true on the Hanako/Lilly side of things, logically--that "Did my part!" should not have an arrow to Paint by Numbers, but I haven't tested that case.

My 2 cents. :-) Again, great work on this!!
tnessfftto

Post by tnessfftto »

Skimming a bit, it seems I'm not alone on finding this part confusing. :-)

To clarify, I think Cold War should be laid out a little more like Evolution theory, with the system checks written on the flowchart lines rather than inside boxes.

So, this wound up being more confusing than I thought (and I was 90% done when I realized there are FIVE branches off Cold War, not four, so pardon the sloppiness!), but here's my take in greater detail (S is Shizune, HL is Hanako/Lilly, and TF is training flag):

(Edited after previewing: Argh, forgot this format doesn't work in forums. Pardon the field of periods used as spacers. :?)

....................................................... ________________________
............................ ___________Cold War_____________................\
.........................../.............../............\..................\ ..............|
..........................V..............V..............V.................V..............V
....................(HL=2).......(HL=1 & S=1....(HL=1 & S=1......(S=2..........(S=2
.................../.................& TF=1)..........& TF=0).......& TF=1).....&TF=0)
................../.......................|.....................\............|.............|
.................V........................|.......................\..........|.............|
Paint by Numbers__(TF=1)_> Exercise <____________|______/..............|
...........\.........................../........\..................|........................|
..........(TF=0)....................V.........V.................|........................|
.............\..............Take It Easy...Go for It etc..../.........................|
..............\.................../.....\......................../..........................V
................\..............(S<2)...(S=2)____________/______________> Home Field Advantage
..................\............/............................../
...................V.........V............................./
...............Mind Your Step <________________/