Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Feuver

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by Feuver »

yipyapper wrote:
Feuver wrote:
yipyapper wrote: And the first!
The fact I was the first could be debatable. Some Flowcharts had already completed paths before I released mine. When I first released it, it wasn't perfectly correct, as well.
Well at least the most viewed. You passed 35,000 views! What did you use for the flowchart, anyway?
It's written on the right of the flowchart, it's a very simple website called www.Bubbl.us

It's a brainstorming website. I turned it into a fast flowchart making program, then put it in a image program and added the text and everything else.
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

Feuver wrote:I shouldn't have said VNs aren't VN without choices, that's plain wrong.
Actually, it's sorta true. There exists a term for VN without choices, and it's KN (Kinetic Novel).
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

EvilDragon wrote:
Feuver wrote:I shouldn't have said VNs aren't VN without choices, that's plain wrong.
Actually, it's sorta true. There exists a term for VN without choices, and it's KN (Kinetic Novel).
Heh, I didn't know.

Guess I learned something.
mobius

Post by mobius »

Hi, I have just played Rin arc, and I think I found an error in flowchart.
I tried to play many times with different combinations to be sure, but seem than the option "you only have one chance" give you the art flag too.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

mobius wrote:Hi, I have just played Rin arc, and I think I found an error in flowchart.
I tried to play many times with different combinations to be sure, but seem than the option "you only have one chance" give you the art flag too.
It seems you are correct. Time to fix the flowchart again.
Anonymous coward

Post by Anonymous coward »

I'm getting a 404 file not found error on V2.8 of Emi's chart
A Humbled Fan

Post by A Humbled Fan »

Anonymous coward wrote:I'm getting a 404 file not found error on V2.8 of Emi's chart
As am I.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

No worries, I'll update it to version 2.9 very shortly.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

NEW VERSION RELEASED (V2.9)

Corrected a mistake in Rin's arc and other things as well. That's pretty much it.

Katawa shoujo full flowchart V2.9

ACT 1 V2.9

Lilly's arc V2.9

Emi's arc V2.9

Rin's arc V2.9

Shizune's arc V2.9

Hanako's arc V2.9
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Looks like the links in your sig still go to old versions.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
yipyapper

Post by yipyapper »

Since you're fixing it up I'll bump it up again xP

The thing I think that makes your flowchart great is the fact that it has Rin's done and very well at that. It is still slightly confusing to most, but eliminating that is next to impossible. You did a good job at simplifying it though :D
"OH GAWD MY DRILLS"
...What? Not a real quote? Oh well, it's Yipyapper's quote now.
"Google will rule the world soon. Accept them now before it's too late."
~Yipyapper

Post by Guest »

your flowchart made things so much easier! it's unbelievable! thank you so much!

the only i could ask for is maybe some explanation about Rin's path. it's so confusing as it is. what does each flag do? how does every choice affect the path?

i'm guessing "ART -" means he'll leave the art club? what do the rest do? you've got a bunch of asterisks but no footnotes.. and why is there 3 boxes with OR in them? i'm so confused...

i've been looking at the chart for half an hour (with the game paused on the choice in "studies in grayscales") and if i'm guessing right the choices you make in act 2 dictate if he'll stay in art club at the start of act 3 and nothing else? and how does it get factored? if you take either "you're amazing" or "like emi" you're out and anything else doesn't change anything?

NO WAIT!
i think i got it..
so the choices in act 2 dictated which choices will be available at the end of act 2 in "in her own image"? that means 6 possible options, only 3 of which are available at any single playthrough and 2 of which will make hisao quit art club? how needlessly complicated. i can't imagine how many tries it takes to see every scene, not to mention read every line, there being so many possible combinations of choices.

i think i got it but if i'm wrong anyone here willing to clarify a little? i would be very grateful.

anyhow i decided not to edit out my thought process so that it'd be easier to understand why the chart would be confusing to a laymen. a short explanation on the chart itself might save some other poor schmuck the hour it took me to figure it out..

and again, i would like to thank you for your effort - the chart has helped me a great deal. so thank you!!