Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Feuver wrote:In fact, I think that no matter what happens you will have a lunch with Emi on the rooftop.
That happens on every path except Shizune's.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Feuver wrote:In fact, I think that no matter what happens you will have a lunch with Emi on the rooftop.
That happens on every path except Shizune's.
Hm, then I think I'll go check it to see if my flowchart remains true.
anarki

Post by anarki »

Just found out something on Hanako's route.

I saved at the beginning of Act 2 so I could redo Hanako's route without going through Act 1 again, and found out that it doesn't matter which decisions I make, I'm not getting the Bad Ending - meaning that even if I choose not to go to town (and any permutation of the prior 2 choices), Hisao calls Lilly and I still can get the good ending

I remember Hanako's route having a point system and now it's gone. From this experience I think a point system and/or a decision in Act 1 carries over, something I though didn't happen at all.

I'm gonna try to sum points from Arc 1 through the bad end (which I haven't seen yet) to test this theory, but if you're faster than me, feel free to take over (probably starting this only after work anyway)...
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It is definitely possible to reach the bad end, even if you pick all the best choices for Hanako in Act 1.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
anarki

Post by anarki »

Reviewing the scenes I got on the Library, I learned that I did get the bad ending (Misstep), but I was misled believing it was the Neutral Ending mentioned in the flowchart.

But choosing to call it a day after Lilly leaves in my game didn't trigger Misstep automatically, I still had to "Trust in Myself" to get Misstep.

I'm one scene short on Hanako (in the library, after Misstep and before Continuing Melody), which I don't really know if it's the true bad ending (can't think it gets worse than Misstep) or the neutral ending. I'll keep trying to study Hanako's route to know how to get to this last scene. But if anyone knows for sure, please do tell :D

edit: After fiddling a bit more, it indeed is as the flowchart says, if Feuver ignored that we can still make a choice after "going to town or not" (or if it's not always like that). I'd just fix that little part, it was a bit confusing for a first timer on Hanako's route.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Mirage_GSM wrote:It is definitely possible to reach the bad end, even if you pick all the best choices for Hanako in Act 1.
yup.
by changing the last 2 options, of choosing to Call it a Day, instead of Going to City with Hanako. and, Not to listen to Lilly's Advise.
it resulted in bad end.

If i go to City, and Not to listen to Lilly's Advise,
it resulted in neutral end

If i go to City, and Listen to Lilly's Advise,
it resulted in good end
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

What's interesting about Emi's path, is that it seems you are actually supposed to hurt her and go after her in the part near the end and then talk with Misha about it.. Since this way you get extra picture for gallery (quite sweet one too) and still you can get the happy ending.. But I just personally don't think it was really that good way of dealing with things (chose to talk to her mother first and there was considerably less drama that way..), also going after her really hurt her.. Kind of reminds me from Hanako's bad ending, but at least they managed to discuss it over, even if I skipped most of it since I already had completed her path and just wanted the picture..

Edit:
Also like mentioned above, if you choose not to go to town with Hanako it automatically locks the bad ending and you don't really get the ability to choose even if the options are presented later on.. So you should mark the "Let's do nothing" option as a bad ending, but write down that it still proceeds to Act 4
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Deltamon wrote:What's interesting about Emi's path, is that it seems you are actually supposed to hurt her and go after her in the part near the end and then talk with Misha about it.. Since this way you get extra picture for gallery (quite sweet one too) and still you can get the happy ending.. But I just personally don't think it was really that good way of dealing with things (chose to talk to her mother first and there was considerably less drama that way..), also going after her really hurt her.. Kind of reminds me from Hanako's bad ending, but at least they managed to discuss it over, even if I skipped most of it since I already had completed her path and just wanted the picture..
It's not "supposed", they made the picture because they thought it would fit the story. If you want to get 100% completion, you have to go through all the paths anyway.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Ahahah, it seems i've done quite a lot of mistakes, I'll work on it ASAP

Should I edit the endings so that I sum up what happens in it?

Like Bad ending Hanako : Hanako yells at you
Neutral ending Hanako : The VN stops prematurely in Hanako's room
Attabui

Post by Attabui »

I'm gonna vote 'no'. Folks that haven't finished all of the routes may not want any spoilers, even if they know vaguely which ending they're going for. Everyone can guess what "Soandso Good Ending" means, but details aren't necessary.

Perhaps just a legend for the entire flowchart denoting something like
BAD = chances ruined, not friends
NEUTRAL = friendzone
GOOD = dating
or some such would clear up any confusion.
Last edited by Attabui on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Deltamon wrote:What's interesting about Emi's path, is that it seems you are actually supposed to hurt her and go after her in the part near the end and then talk with Misha about it.. Since this way you get extra picture for gallery (quite sweet one too) and still you can get the happy ending.. But I just personally don't think it was really that good way of dealing with things (chose to talk to her mother first and there was considerably less drama that way..), also going after her really hurt her.. Kind of reminds me from Hanako's bad ending, but at least they managed to discuss it over, even if I skipped most of it since I already had completed her path and just wanted the picture..

Edit:
Also like mentioned above, if you choose not to go to town with Hanako it automatically locks the bad ending and you don't really get the ability to choose even if the options are presented later on.. So you should mark the "Let's do nothing" option as a bad ending, but write down that it still proceeds to Act 4
It's already showing on my flowchart that it proceeds after the ACT 4.
Please make sure that you see the newest version of my flowchart before posting errors. (For my sake, please, :) )
Also, is there any mods that could make me able to change the OP? I'd be easier for everyone if I posted the newest version in the OP.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Attabui wrote:I'm gonna vote 'no'. Folks that haven't finished all of the routes may not want any spoilers, even if they know vaguely which ending they're going for. Everyone can guess what "Soandso Good Ending" means, but details aren't necessary.

Perhaps just a legend for the entire flowchart denoting something like
BAD = chances ruined, not friends
NEUTRAL = friendzone
GOOD = dating
or some such would clear up any confusion.
That depends solely on the arc, but it could work.
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

Feuver wrote:Ahahah, it seems i've done quite a lot of mistakes, I'll work on it ASAP

Definitely no. People who look for guides just want to complete the stories and find how to do them properly or see what they might've missed, but don't want to see spoilers storywise.. Bad, Neutral and Good endings are descriptive enough.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Deltamon wrote:
Feuver wrote:Ahahah, it seems i've done quite a lot of mistakes, I'll work on it ASAP

Definitely no. People who look for guides just want to complete the stories and find how to do them properly or see what they might've missed, but don't want to see spoilers storywise.. Bad, Neutral and Good endings are descriptive enough.
I just want to avoid confusion, that's all, but okay, no change. It will stay Good/bad/neutral
anarki

Post by anarki »

To avoid confusion, I think that the Hanako route just needs to have the choice option added after "let's do nohing". The way it's depicted now, based on the rest of the flowchart, implies that after choosing "let's do nothing" you don't get to make any more choices (which is what confused me in the first place), even if both choices end up in the bad ending.

It's a small detail that doesn't deserve to generate a new version by itself, but I feel it would be a nice touch to people new to Hanako's route