Unable to skip previous read text after finishing a route

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
british_interwebs

Unable to skip previous read text after finishing a route

Post by british_interwebs »

I completed one of the routes the other day, and I came to start my second playthrough. Clicked "start" on the main menu, and I can't skip any of the text using Ctrl/skip mode, even though I've played this part already. I don't have a save point that early on for me to work from either. I can work around it by hammering my space bar and mouse and saving at each choice, but it sounds like a bug to me.

In case you need it, I'm on a Mac with PowerPC processor running 10.5.8 Leopard.
emiemiemi

Re: Unable to skip previous read text after finishing a rout

Post by emiemiemi »

I am having the same issue on Windows 7. Finished one route, created a new game, nothing is flagged as "read", even the intro scene.

I've moved my save files and the "persistent" file among a few different computers. Maybe that broke something. It's pretty frustrating not being able to use the auto skip function.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Just check "Skip unread text" in the options.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
emiemiemi

Post by emiemiemi »

That defeats the purpose of skipping only the text I've already seen, but it appears to be my only option for now :cry:
Bleeding Heart

Post by Bleeding Heart »

I think it has to do with you starting a new game. If you're going from the start, then the engine thinks you haven't read any of it before. You should make a save at the first choice, then when you want to start a new path, load that one and go from there.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

That's weird. I started a new game and was able to use skip mode, without having to enable "skip unread material"...
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Bleeding Heart wrote:I think it has to do with you starting a new game. If you're going from the start, then the engine thinks you haven't read any of it before. You should make a save at the first choice, then when you want to start a new path, load that one and go from there.
It shouldn't have anything to do with this. After I complete a route with each girl, I start New Game and am able to skip previously read text just fine. (Windows version.)
Bleeding Heart

Post by Bleeding Heart »

Benkei wrote: It shouldn't have anything to do with this. After I complete a route with each girl, I start New Game and am able to skip previously read text just fine. (Windows version.)
Might be a Mac-only bug then. *shrug*
emiemiemi

Post by emiemiemi »

Bleeding Heart wrote:
Benkei wrote: It shouldn't have anything to do with this. After I complete a route with each girl, I start New Game and am able to skip previously read text just fine. (Windows version.)
Might be a Mac-only bug then. *shrug*
Nope. I have the same problem in Windows 7.