Walkthrough, help add!

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Walkthrough, help add!

Post by Mirage_GSM »

The scene is named "Slow Recovery"
To see it, join the student council AND choose "Go for it" when running with Emi.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Darkcloud1111

Post by Darkcloud1111 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:The scene is named "Slow Recovery"
To see it, join the student council AND choose "Go for it" when running with Emi.
Thanks a lot. Now the only thing I'm missing is one picture. 2nd page, second row, second picture over. Any ideas :?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I think you get that after choosing "Go after her" when you visit her mom, and later choosing one of the options when talking to Misha... Not sure which; try the one you haven't used before.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Post by Guest »

ozymand1as the first first flag in the game "Why?" means the difference between bad end and Sip (Part 2) with Hanako
Darkcloud1111

Post by Darkcloud1111 »

Awesome, now if only I had that last...just kidding. I am now officially at 100%. Now I just need to do all the good endings and actually read what everyone says. I finished the Hanako route by reading everything, but I kind of just wanted to finish all the other routes so I didnt have to worry about messing up. Thanks everyone, this was a fun game
ozymand1as

Post by ozymand1as »

Guest wrote:ozymand1as the first first flag in the game "Why?" means the difference between bad end and Sip (Part 2) with Hanako
adding to the next version. Thanks for the tip!
cam13

Post by cam13 »

Xevo wrote: Act 3: Lilly
5a Mention the letter.
I'm in Act 4 of Lilly's path and already naturally took the options you outlined here, but I never saw anything about mentioning the letter anywhere in Act 3. Are you sure this is correct?
shinnstellar

Post by shinnstellar »

i could help with that. it is a scene called slow recovery. i think i got it when doing rin/emi route. i think it leads to kenji's end as here the main character seems to remove himself from misha and shizune.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Guest wrote:ozymand1as the first first flag in the game "Why?" means the difference between bad end and Sip (Part 2) with Hanako
Not true.
That flag is only used to determine whether or not you get the choice to wait for Shizune and Misha in Lunch Evolution theory.
You need two out of three correct choices to get that option.
"Yes of course"
"I think I've got everything I need to know."
"She has a point, attack garessively."
There already is a complete flowchart for act 1:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&t ... =60#p16907

Sore wa himitsu desu.

Post by Guest »

Just wanted to note to ozymand1as who made the preliminary flowchart (and anybody googling for a flowchart) that Rin's route on that chart, at least, is currently... err... pretty inaccurate.
Starting from Act 2, this flowchart-- from this very forum-- showing only her route's choices seems (from my own replaying of her route until I found every scene difference), to be perfectly accurate: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4757. As you can see, the choices available in "In Her Own Image" are not based on a single flag, but are in fact based on most previous choices. Nor are of the choices that are then selected in that scene actually assigned points in reality (again, corroborated by my own experience). It's also very VERY important to note the totally missing scene from your flowchart, "BADAAN!", the details surrounding which I'll discuss later on. Also important, the later choice labeled on the chart as "good ending is not possible if chosen" is in fact one of the only two options that lets you CONTINUE toward the good ending! I can confirm this because I selected that choice and got the good ending, on my first playthrough. Not sure what kind of mistake happened there... After all, you only get that option if you chose a "good" option (from the point of view of the story-- remember that I said you aren't really getting points here) in a previous choice. And the final choice is the one that decides the real good end/bad end, and none of the following scenes are the same or even related depending on your choice, so they can't connect back up to each other at all even if you were able to make "wrong" choices during the story to have too few points somehow. They're connected in the chart for some reason, but there doesn't appear to be a condition given for the scenes changing depending on points (which is right, because there isn't one). I can't seem to find any way to be forced to skip the good end/bad end choice and end up in the bad one, so they should be totally seperate branches.

I should note that the flowchart I linked does not show every interstitial scene, so connecting the different scenes back to the main story still requires a bit more work. Also, in case you're wondering from seeing the flowchart, the "In Her Own Image" choices each give slightly different dialog immediately after the choice, but do not individually change the rest of the story aside from the fact that half of the responses eventually cause Hisao to quit the art club and half of them don't. Incidentally, if Hisao DOES quit the club it basically only amounts to: A) He briefly tells Rin he's quitting the art club in "Dandelions," instead of the scene just continuing like normal. I think this is added dialog, not changed dialog. B) After "Things You Can't Give Up," you get the scene "BADAAN!", which is totally missing from your flowchart but present in the one I linked. It contains a choice, as mapped in the other flowchart, which does not affect later dialog except enabling "It doesn't matter" as a choice in "Things You Hate" if you pick the right choice. C) Things happen a bit differently in "Illusions of People" because he "has no real business" in the art room since he quit, so he just waits until the club meeting is over before he goes into the club room and talks to Nomiya as usual. I think that's all the differences that come from that branch in the linked flow chart.

Anyway, I think it's great that you've been working on the flowchart! Really! Excellent work! I definitely find flowcharts very helpful. And I totally understand how you made the mistake, for example, of thinking things in her route were point-based rather than directly based on flags set by previous choices. I just wanted to clear that part up for everybody so that you can have a more accurate chart. Dunno if there are other flowcharts in progress elsewhere on the web or anything. I'll be back to let you know if I notice anything particularly egregious about the other routes, since I've only done Rin's thus far... Maybe I should even try my hand at making my own flowchart, heheh.
ozymand1as

Post by ozymand1as »

Guest wrote:Just wanted to note to ozymand1as who made the preliminary flowchart (and anybody googling for a flowchart) that Rin's route on that chart, at least, is currently... err... pretty inaccurate.
Starting from Act 2, this flowchart-- from this very forum-- showing only her route's choices seems (from my own replaying of her route until I found every scene difference), to be perfectly accurate: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4757. As you can see, the choices available in "In Her Own Image" are not based on a single flag, but are in fact based on most previous choices. Nor are of the choices that are then selected in that scene actually assigned points in reality (again, corroborated by my own experience). It's also very VERY important to note the totally missing scene from your flowchart, "BADAAN!", the details surrounding which I'll discuss later on. Also important, the later choice labeled on the chart as "good ending is not possible if chosen" is in fact one of the only two options that lets you CONTINUE toward the good ending! I can confirm this because I selected that choice and got the good ending, on my first playthrough. Not sure what kind of mistake happened there... After all, you only get that option if you chose a "good" option (from the point of view of the story-- remember that I said you aren't really getting points here) in a previous choice. And the final choice is the one that decides the real good end/bad end, and none of the following scenes are the same or even related depending on your choice, so they can't connect back up to each other at all even if you were able to make "wrong" choices during the story to have too few points somehow. They're connected in the chart for some reason, but there doesn't appear to be a condition given for the scenes changing depending on points (which is right, because there isn't one). I can't seem to find any way to be forced to skip the good end/bad end choice and end up in the bad one, so they should be totally seperate branches.

I should note that the flowchart I linked does not show every interstitial scene, so connecting the different scenes back to the main story still requires a bit more work. Also, in case you're wondering from seeing the flowchart, the "In Her Own Image" choices each give slightly different dialog immediately after the choice, but do not individually change the rest of the story aside from the fact that half of the responses eventually cause Hisao to quit the art club and half of them don't. Incidentally, if Hisao DOES quit the club it basically only amounts to: A) He briefly tells Rin he's quitting the art club in "Dandelions," instead of the scene just continuing like normal. I think this is added dialog, not changed dialog. B) After "Things You Can't Give Up," you get the scene "BADAAN!", which is totally missing from your flowchart but present in the one I linked. It contains a choice, as mapped in the other flowchart, which does not affect later dialog except enabling "It doesn't matter" as a choice in "Things You Hate" if you pick the right choice. C) Things happen a bit differently in "Illusions of People" because he "has no real business" in the art room since he quit, so he just waits until the club meeting is over before he goes into the club room and talks to Nomiya as usual. I think that's all the differences that come from that branch in the linked flow chart.

Anyway, I think it's great that you've been working on the flowchart! Really! Excellent work! I definitely find flowcharts very helpful. And I totally understand how you made the mistake, for example, of thinking things in her route were point-based rather than directly based on flags set by previous choices. I just wanted to clear that part up for everybody so that you can have a more accurate chart. Dunno if there are other flowcharts in progress elsewhere on the web or anything. I'll be back to let you know if I notice anything particularly egregious about the other routes, since I've only done Rin's thus far... Maybe I should even try my hand at making my own flowchart, heheh.

Yeah, I haven't been able to unlock that scene you spoiled at all, so it's naturally not included. However, the other problems you point out things I really should fix since I already unlocked those scenes - and I'll do that soon. I'll keep your post in mind when I try to get 100% (a few days from now?).

Post by Guest »

Same Guest as above here... I want to say that I did indeed just find another flowchart on this forum that may or may not be more accurate in general since people have been responding a lot with accuracy improvements for a while now. I don't mean ozymand1as shouldn't keep going on his/her flowchart, just wanted to link the other one here, especially since I think this one shows up earlier in search results. Incidentally, that chart is still a little bit off on Rin's route, but I posted what needs to be changed over there so hopefully that'll help things get fixed.
ozymand1as

Post by ozymand1as »

Guest wrote:Same Guest as above here... I want to say that I did indeed just find another flowchart on this forum that may or may not be more accurate in general since people have been responding a lot with accuracy improvements for a while now. I don't mean ozymand1as shouldn't keep going on his/her flowchart, just wanted to link the other one here, especially since I think this one shows up earlier in search results. Incidentally, that chart is still a little bit off on Rin's route, but I posted what needs to be changed over there so hopefully that'll help things get fixed.

That flowchart is beautiful. Props to Feuver. I guess I'm not really cut out for this (this is my first time trying to make a chart as there weren't any walkthroughs when I started). I will be still updating my chart for those who have been already using it though.

Post by Guest »

ozymand1as wrote:
Guest wrote:Same Guest as above here... I want to say that I did indeed just find another flowchart on this forum that may or may not be more accurate in general since people have been responding a lot with accuracy improvements for a while now. I don't mean ozymand1as shouldn't keep going on his/her flowchart, just wanted to link the other one here, especially since I think this one shows up earlier in search results. Incidentally, that chart is still a little bit off on Rin's route, but I posted what needs to be changed over there so hopefully that'll help things get fixed.
That flowchart is beautiful. Props to Feuver. I guess I'm not really cut out for this (this is my first time trying to make a chart as there weren't any walkthroughs when I started). I will be still updating my chart for those who have been already using it though.
I think there are pros and cons to both flowchart looks, honestly, so don't get too discouraged! I appreciate both for different reasons, so I'll continue to provide more accurate info for both if I notice there are fixes needed. :)

Post by Guest »

ozymand1as wrote:
adding to the next version. Thanks for the tip!
I died like 6 times before figuring it out. ._. No problem. LOL