Walkthrough, help add!

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Xevo

Walkthrough, help add!

Post by Xevo »

Hi,

I haven't seen any complete walkthroughs yet of the game, so just made this topic so everyone can chip in.

Good end of lilly:

Code: Select all

Act 1: Lily
1a Why?
2a Ask about the library
3b It's a trap. It's smarter to play defensive here
4a Hi, I'm new here. Hisao Nakai. We're in the same class.
5a She was cute
6b Go talk with Hanako
7b Maybe

Act 2: Lilly
1a Tell the truth.

Act 3: Lilly
1b Humor him.
2b Ask about Hanako.
3a Address it.
4a Talk about Hanako.
5a Mention the letter.
Help expanding the list! ^^
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
ozymand1as

Re: Walkthrough, help add!

Post by ozymand1as »

Hi
I've been making a visual decision tree (flowchart) and I've more or less finished Rin and Hanako. I do plan on finishing this.
I realize that it is a bit hard to understand, but the general idea is to move downwards. Boxes with titles (without numbers) are events. Boxes with numbers are choices and are numbered for convenience. Solid lines indicate which scenes connect to which and dotted lines show requirements for specific scenes. Forks are either caused by choices (in which the next boxes are numbered and all connect to the previous box) or by events which require a specific number of flags (in which the next boxes are NOT numbered).

The best way to use this flowchart is to pretend it's a subway or bus map. You know your originating point and your desired end point, so just trace the route that goes there, keeping the notations (such as flags) in mind. There's further help in the image file if you need it.
View it here:

I do think some things (such as where flags are earned) are wrong, so all corrections are encouraged - but after I finish the game myself!
EDIT: added how to read the flowchart
EDIT 2: Updated flowchart for Shizune's route. Note that a lot of the flags are noted by SC - this is just in case people want Misha's scene.
EDIT 3: Here (http://filesmelt.com/dl/KatawaShoujoFlowchartv20.png) is a brilliant flowchart made by Feuver - it's much easier to understand and, at this point, more complete. I'll still be updating and posting mine just because I like completion.
EDIT 4: Uploaded the full Emi route. I'll now finish off Lilly, upload that, and then release the full flowchart with every scene in the game. I've also removed the embedded picture because that was annoying to scroll through and it wasn't readable anyways. Also, apologies for the mess around the top of Emi's route - I might fix that if I feel ambitious (alternatively, just stick with Feuver).
EDIT 5: Uploaded full Lily route and fixed SOME (but not all of) Rin's route. I'm kind of drained from the entire experience of Lilly's route, so I'll get around to tying up loose ends and adding the final scene in Rin's route later than usual.
EDIT 6: Uploaded the COMPLETE flowchart. Every scene and every choice is now there. Of course, there is a bit of a clusterf*ck around Emi's route because it was so far from Don't Panic and the Student Council's (Shizune's) route. I might (emphasis on might) fix the random arrows going everywhere, but I may be too lazy too. It's been fun.
Last edited by ozymand1as on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Uwaa, yours looks more thought out, I just thought of posting the steps. ^^

Anyway, still just gonna do that.

Emi's good end.

Act 1: Emi
1b Yeah, off course.
2c I think I've got everything I need to know.
4b I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you
5b She wasn't cute
6b Read my book
7a Yes
8a Don't drag me into this I've done my part
9a Go for it

Act 2: Emi
1b Offer to run with Emi.

Act 3: Emi
1b Press Emi.
2b I suppose I can spare a few minutes.
3b Sure, why not? 
4a Go after her. 
5a Give in and let Misha know. 
Perhaps you can add it to yours. ^^
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
ozymand1as

Post by ozymand1as »

I will add on to it, but at my own pace - it's easier to make the flowchart while playing the game so I can record the scenes that are triggered.
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

Actually there are two different ways to get to the Good Emi end. You can also choose to Talk to Her Mom instead of Going After Her, it changes quite a few scenes and lets you get two that you missed with the other route.
one-time-user

Post by one-time-user »

I've something for you, this will definitely help you in constructing flowcharts/walkthroughs for KS (or any other Ren'Py game), download it while its hot:
hotfile.com/dl/140341305/d9f8ad9/toolkit.zip.html
... oh, and beware huge spoilers inside :)

Post by Guest »

Had diffcult with Rin's route, the other post helped me. So I should help out in this forum too. I found this (Spoilers includes: Hanako, Emi, Lilly, and Shizune) , some have good/bad end instructions too
Gui

Post by Gui »

After I finish the game I'm actually planning on replaying it while doing a flowchart if the one above is not completed, I'm at ~90% of it and I pretend to finish it today, so going to start as soon as possible. After I make some progress I'll post it here.

By the way, the whole problem with a "option only" walkthrough is that if you want to 100% the game you need all the scenes and not the endings, and is possible to get some endings without some scenes.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Good to hear so many people actually already busy with a walkthrough or nearly completing it.

Just finished Rin's path and seeing it has been added before already, dont think it adds much, but just gonna drop it here.
Note: I'm not completely sure I written down all steps, but correct me if I haven't.

Rin's happy route:

Rin
Act 1: Rin
1b Yeah, off course.
2c I think I've got everything I need to know.
4b I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you
5b She wasn't cute
6b Read my book
7a Yes
8a Don't drag me into this I've done my part
9b Take it easy
10a Sorry, I'm not in very good condition
11a I'm interested in the art club.

Act 2: Rin
1b You're amazing!
2a It's refreshing.
3a I wanna be more like Rin.
4b I think you'd be a big hit.
5a What about Emi?

Act 3: Rin
1a I want to be with her more.
2b Is that why you're being so supportive of Rin?
3a I want to know.

Act 4: Rin
1a But if you found someone like that, then what?
Gonna try making one for Misha's "hidden" path now, if I manage to find it.
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
shinnstellar38

Post by shinnstellar38 »

help with rin. missing one scene. it is between thing you cant give up n rose tinted glasses.

Post by Guest »

Basically finished all the routes ---- unfortunately there is not Misha route.

Now on my journey to reach 100% library

Post by Guest »

shinnstellar38 wrote:help with rin. missing one scene. it is between thing you cant give up n rose tinted glasses.
Same here--- having trouble

Also while the flowchart is very detailed.... there are scenes that it's missing, for example "exercise"
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

Guest wrote:Basically finished all the routes ---- unfortunately there is not Misha route.

Now on my journey to reach 100% library
I heared that there was a bad Shizune route in which you sorta end up with Misha.
"Anal." - Emi
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
ozymand1as

Post by ozymand1as »

Guest wrote:
shinnstellar38 wrote:help with rin. missing one scene. it is between thing you cant give up n rose tinted glasses.
Same here--- having trouble

Also while the flowchart is very detailed.... there are scenes that it's missing, for example "exercise"
Working on it!
I'm missing stuff that scene for Rin too, but I think I'll tackle it last.
Darkcloud1111

Post by Darkcloud1111 »

I somehow managed to get every characters route completed, but I'm at 99% because I'm missing something between "Home Field Advantage" and "No Recovery." If anyone could post the choices I need to make to get this one, it would be helpful because even though the above chart is very helpful, it is missing the route with this unknown empty spot in act one.