Is there an actual Misha path?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
NubChaos

Re: Is there an actual Misha path?

Post by NubChaos »

I'm inclined to agree. I always liked Misha, and all of her revelations and hidden struggles brought her down to earth and made her much more human and easy-to-sympathize with and, as a result, I ended up liking Misha even more. A similar case happened to me with Rin in her path.

However, Jigoro is still the best character in Shizune's path to me. That man's inane babbling about the failures of youth and his constant candid, if random, insults were friggin' hilarious to me. :P

But yeah, I was very impressed with Shizune's full path. The Act 1 Demo left me pretty unsure about whether I liked Shizune as a character or not, but her path helped alleviate any concerns I had. And it even introduced my favorite side-character (Jigoro) and made Misha even MORE likable to me, so there's bonus points for that. I didn't get the bad ending either, since I refused to comfort Misha, partially due to being genre savvy, and partially due to common sense (if a girl who is clearly struggling with her emotions suddenly comes on to you, it's generally not a good idea to take advantage of her emotional state. That also goes with being genre savvy, since similar situations in other fictional mediums ended very badly if the girl was "comforted").
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

Yubiseiharukana wrote:And it's Hisao's fault for going along with a girl's mess of thoughts in the mental state she's in if you want to get mad at the Shizune bad ending.
I didn't actually really get mad at the Shizune bad ending, as it's a logical point of progression, so this might not be directed at me, but regardless of whether or not Hisao chooses to do so or not is irrelevant for why I lost respect for Misha. I won't go as far as to say that I hate the character, but if I was really in that situation, I would trust her a hell of a lot less for even bringing up the offer to betray her closest friend in the world, no matter what the reason was.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Yuno wrote:It is true, and it caused me to hate Misha.
Why hate Misha when it was you that decided to 'comfort' her while she was obviously distraught and irrational in her decision making. :wink:
Kamon

Post by Kamon »

Heartlesswithaheart wrote:Yes. It's only a few minutes (ten?) and only obtainable if you enter the Konami Code when you get to choose to comfort Misha in Shizune's route. It ends with Shizune being sad and is treated as a Shizune bad end, so be careful.
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, thrust (with your penis).
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

The mini-Misha arc got me to dislike her a little :/

Though I wish she did have an arc of her own :3
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Kyou_kun wrote:Though I wish she did have an arc of her own :3
Same here. I kinda wish she'll have her own route...was really disappointed when I heard from someone else that she doesn't have one.

Even if she is lesbian, it would be interesting seeing the power of love make her bisexual, at the very least.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:

Post by Guest »

INFERTakuya wrote:
Same here. I kinda wish she'll have her own route...was really disappointed when I heard from someone else that she doesn't have one.

Even if she is lesbian, it would be interesting seeing the power of love make her bisexual, at the very least.
In fact I'm *very* glad that didn't happen. The plot point of being "turned" into a different sexuality always rubs me (hurr) up the wrong way :/
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

INFERTakuya wrote:

I guess sexuality doesn't work that way... But I still think it would be nice a path where you aim at her, but in the middle you find out/she tells you that she isn't into guys them you would have to stand up and go on (or insist and get a bad ending)
Tired

Post by Tired »

It would be a very bad ending for all involved. Confusion and wanting to make others happy when you are in a terrible emotional state and uncomfortable/unsure yourself only leads to, well, bad end. Trust me, it's good - and good writing - that she doesn't.
Nyoro

Post by Nyoro »

Just because Misha is sexually attracted to other girls doesn't mean she can't be bi-romantic. They could go on dates and maybe even kiss and sleep in the same bed together, there'd just be no sex or touching as Misha wouldn't be into that (and that could turn into a point of conflict if Hisao wants a sexual relationship). That way, it doesn't really count as the 'turned into other sexuality' thing and any ero or naughty talk could be plot-based.

I actually think that'd be interesting, personally.
Tired

Post by Tired »

Maybe, although I still don't know if Misha showed any signs of romantic attraction to Hisao?... I feel it'd end up being that, and then one or both of them would feel pressured to have sex even if they both knew the other would be fine without it. And yes, it would hurt Shizune, and possibly Misha, and possibly Hisao.

But to each their own. Maybe you, or someone, will write a fanfic about it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

te-kun wrote:I guess sexuality doesn't work that way... But I still think it would be nice a path where you aim at her, but in the middle you find out/she tells you that she isn't into guys them you would have to stand up and go on (or insist and get a bad ending)
You know, a path like this would be so mold-breaking that it would be a perfect fit for KS.
The good end of a VN consisting of coming to terms with NOT getting the girl... I don't think I've ever seen that before...
I kind of want A22 to write that...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
te-kun wrote:I guess sexuality doesn't work that way... But I still think it would be nice a path where you aim at her, but in the middle you find out/she tells you that she isn't into guys them you would have to stand up and go on (or insist and get a bad ending)
You know, a path like this would be so mold-breaking that it would be a perfect fit for KS.
The good end of a VN consisting of coming to terms with NOT getting the girl... I don't think I've ever seen that before...
I kind of want A22 to write that...
In "The Flower Shop", which is sort of a mix between a sim and a novel, you have 2 "single" endings, one of which is positive and includes friendship with basically everyone. There's also the bad ending, 1 good ending per each girl and 1 "Improved" ending for each girl.

It's quite a good game, actually, and cheap (if you want to buy it).
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

You know, canonically, Misha never says she's a lesbian. No one else ever says that Misha is a lesbian. No mention of her sexuality or her romantic preferences is actually made besides the fact that she has a crush on Shizune. There's nothing in canon that says she doesn't like guys. Unless the devs have explicitly said so and I just haven't seen it, which I very much doubt, I don't know why everyone keeps assuming this.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

This is also true of the people saying Misha has no disability; she has said she's attending Yamaku because she wants to teach sign language, but that's not the same as saying she has no handicap.