Question about Act 4 Hanako, possible glitch or....

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Rivinhal

Question about Act 4 Hanako, possible glitch or....

Post by Rivinhal »

I'm going to put my question in spoilers, just in case.. I'd hate to accidentally ruin anyone's playthrough, even if my question doesn't reveal much..
During Act 4 of Hanako's Route, you call Lilly to ask her some advice on Hanako's Birthday.. But it seems that despite the choice I make, the result is the same.. (ie. you are presented with [Agree with Lilly] or [Stick with your own Thoughts] or something like that.) I personally chose Agree With Lilly, but my answer keeps coming up as if I had chosen to disagree. Is this on purpose and intentional, or some sort of glitch? I am really trying to get the Good Hanako ending, and whilst this may seem arbitrary, I almost feel as if the good ending could hinge on these late decisions.. So can anyone tell me if this intentional? Also, if it is, why? lol. Just to give you the thought that you are making a choice? Or is Hisao's mind just firmly made up regardless? Any answers/thoughts would be helpful guys! Thanks!
Mirage_GSM

Re: Question about Act 4 Hanako, possible glitch or....

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It seems, this happens when you make too many bad choices leading up to this point. Hisao will ignore Lilly regardless of what you choose here if you do.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kallas

Post by Kallas »

You probably messed up with some early choices, cus i have no problem... i had a different result with each answer...

Or maybe it is a glicht, but anyway Agree with Lilly, its the way for sucess! :)
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

damnit. I could have made a wrong choice and not realized it perhaps.. but everything was going so smoothly. lol i swear Hisao can be an ass sometimes.. Like obey my decisions, don't go do your own stuff! I guess i'll have to restart and try again and see what happens. I'm so bummed out after seeing that bad ending now.. :cry: I have to get the good ending, NOW, especially since i've been playin this game since release with no sleep hahaha.
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

I've played this route through 100% and I can confirm that you made a wrong choice earlier on. (I don't think it is a glitch, because the text is slightly different between "agreeing" with her and sticking to your own thoughts. I believe you TRY to agree with her, but due to past choices you've made to influence the plot, you cannot find enough reasons to be able to actually agree) As far as I can tell, the first choice doesn't really matter, but the next to must be correct or you will disagree with Lilly even if you "choose" to agree. If you choose right, Sticking with your own thoughts should appear above Agree with Lilly. The right choices were fairly obvious if you think about it, at least I thought so.
Darrisbob1

Post by Darrisbob1 »

Rivinhal, I was stuck in the same exact spot. I was worried I would have to go through the entire story line again, just to find the one mistake I made, but I found my fix just one save back: After Lilly leaves in the taxi for Scotland, try seeing if Hanako would like to go to the city Instead of resting for the day. You would think that she would be dead-set against the idea, but allow her to surprise you!!!

This was a fix for me, but it might not work for you.
Tahtorak

Post by Tahtorak »

I also have a question about Hanako's route in act 4: I don't know how to get the scene between "Misstep" and "Continuing Melody." Can someone help me?
.., ,
-M
Duce

Post by Duce »

Tahtorak wrote:I also have a question about Hanako's route in act 4: I don't know how to get the scene between "Misstep" and "Continuing Melody." Can someone help me?
actually I have a question I'm missing "Misstep" I think
I don't know how to get the 3rd scene in act 4 the one between "Faraway Presence" and "Cut Petals" any help?
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

You can get those scenes by going for the bad ending. Hisao protecting Hanako and not taking Lilly's advice
Mud

Post by Mud »

Duce wrote:
Tahtorak wrote:I also have a question about Hanako's route in act 4: I don't know how to get the scene between "Misstep" and "Continuing Melody." Can someone help me?
I don't know how to get the 3rd scene in act 4 the one between "Faraway Presence" and "Cut Petals" any help?
I can't seem to get "Misstep" either. It might have something to do with earlier decisions(I'm thinking the go to town one). I'll post findings when i have them.
RandomAnonymous

Post by RandomAnonymous »

I have a question about the scenes that succeed Whsipered Touch. After the final line in that scene the game abruptly cuts to the library with no indication of the credits rolling or anything, and I see these two scenes left blank. I honestly have no idea how to access them.

Can anyone possibly help with this?
Mud

Post by Mud »

Mud wrote:
Duce wrote:
I can't seem to get "Misstep" either. It might have something to do with earlier decisions(I'm thinking the go to town one). I'll post findings when i have them.

Ok, I just got it. You kind have to play the long con here. A word of caution, this ending is harsh. If you want to feel like a terrible person, then go ahead. If you happen to not have a soul, you should be fine.

Make sure to make the following mistakes.
Hanako, what do you think
Deny it
Call it a day
Trust your own judgment

If I had gotten this ending my first time around, I would not have the sanity to post it.
Hemka

Post by Hemka »

Thanks for the help with this, I got the "Misstep" ending first playthrough and, indeed, I did feel absolutely terrible and needed to remedy the situation immediately. :oops:
Tualha

Post by Tualha »

Mud wrote:Ok, I just got it. You kind have to play the long con here. A word of caution, this ending is harsh. If you want to feel like a terrible person, then go ahead. If you happen to not have a soul, you should be fine.

Make sure to make the following mistakes.
Hanako, what do you think
Deny it
Call it a day
Trust your own judgment

If I had gotten this ending my first time around, I would not have the sanity to post it.
Actually, to get to "Misstep", I think you only have to goof on the third of those. I made the right choices on all four the first time round and got the good ending; then tried going back to the third one and making the mistake. It seems that one mistake is enough to mess you up on the fourth choice; either way you choose, you end up at Misstep.

On the other hand, if you choose well at step 3 then wrong at step 4, you get the "Cut Petals" bad ending. Not as heartrending as "Misstep", but bad enough in its own way, especially if you've already seen how well it can end.

I haven't tried getting the first two wrong and then the others right. Number 2 doesn't seem all that significant...
HTL2001

Post by HTL2001 »

I think the glitch is that you are presented with a choice when you aren't supposed to have one.

For instance, in another route:
With Emi, if you don't talk with Mutou near the end, you won't get the opportunity to speak with the mother, instead being railroaded into following Emi.
It seems the intent was the same with this choice spot.

EDIT:
Just decided to check, someone had said something about "enough good choices" that I considered that, perhaps, you were supposed to be railoraded into the 'correct' choice by making enough good choices (and that hiding the choice in this situation might be a limitation of the engine), but only one choice really seems to matter (unless there's some obscure thing in act 1 that will clear the threshold)