Weird crash error.

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Snicket

Weird crash error.

Post by Snicket »

OK this is probably nothing, but i thought i'd bring this up encase it is.

First off the specs:

I'm running windows 7 32-bit on my old beat up Dell latitude 820. It's an old school computer i haven't had the heart to get rid of, despite having a nicer one. Anyway I'm rambling.

During game play Ks crashed three times, during various times. With a message stating that it's unable to find the KS executable and ask if i would like to make another one. However, after the last one, i restarted the computer and nothing seems to wrong now. Except the 'skip mode' would slow down sometimes. Though that could just be, because it was going through a lot of text. (I don't save real often.)

I dunno if it's nothing, but i thought i might as well bring this up encase it is. If it's not, just let me know and then what ever. However, if it is something i should be concerned about, please let me know.

Thanks. :)
Juno

Re: Weird crash error.

Post by Juno »

Skip mode can (and will) be jerky sometimes, specially when the engine needs to load previously unused graphics or music.
Snicket

Re: Weird crash error.

Post by Snicket »

I figured it out. Fro some reason this game eats up a lot of virtual memory. So then it crashes it usually when my computer has hit it's limit and can't process properly anymore. Which is really odd since i've play much larger and complex game on this thing. Even other VN's with out any trouble.