Direct Download ETA?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
naodesu

Re: Direct Download ETA?

Post by naodesu »

You can download mac/linux/win versions here:
http://naodesu.org/files/katawa-shoujo/
This is my (unofficial) mirror.

Check the hashes when you download from unofficial sources!

Also, devs, please fix linux version hashes in this file: http://dl.katawa-shoujo.com/gold/hashes.txt
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

I wanted to thank those of you who have shared DDL mirrors and did not want to put my thanks to you off for any longer than I already have. So, thank you. :) Unfortunately, my friend still has not gotten around to downloading the game -- I guess her interest has waned? or she's busy with other things? -- but it looks like she wasn't the only one in need of a DDL solution so I am grateful that you guys managed to pull through for her and for the others who posted in this thread in need of a DDL alternative.

To the devs, I guess my original question still stands: is there an ETA for when the official DDLs will return? It's been a week since launch and I see that the DDLs still haven't been edited back into the January 4th blog post nor have they been added to the site's Download section.

Again, thank you for all of your work on Katawa Shoujo. I'm about halfway through the game myself and have been enjoying it immensely. I look forward to discussing it with fellow fans here and elsewhere in the near future.
tony246

Post by tony246 »

I got news saying that the DDL delay is because of all the traffic the website is getting and a lack of mirrors...or something like that. I dunno, I'm not a tech guy. But I can definitely say that they said something about the traffic being an issue. So naturally all there is to do is just wait until traffic dies down.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.

Post by Guest »

Any news on an ETA yet?
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

normally i wouldn't post here. I'd also like to know

until a few weeks ago having the direct download links go down, ment putting up our own mirrors.

Now that every site is being eaten, there aren't many good opitons for mirriors. I could do mediafire but that would mean that it had to be split into 3 parts. That's kinda bogus for a 500mb game.

What is the plan?
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

www.badskater.eu uise this for now
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.

Post by Guest »

anyone else can get me the link? the one on here has expired and i'mw atching someone play this on youtube, censored, and I really want to play it myself, and look at the different people on it but I don't know how to work torrent things....
Enemy |

Post by Enemy | »

Guest wrote:anyone else can get me the link? the one on here has expired and i'mw atching someone play this on youtube, censored, and I really want to play it myself, and look at the different people on it but I don't know how to work torrent things....
The official site has a direct download link
http://katawa-shoujo.com/download.php