Crash on Start, Linux

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Crash

Crash on Start, Linux

Post by Crash »

First of all, thanks for making this game! I've been waiting since Act 1 and I'm so glad to see it finally released.

I downloaded the Linux torrent and replaced the "Katawa Shoujo.sh" file with the hotfix. When I run that file, it crashes and creates this traceback.txt file.
I'm sorry, but an exception occured while executing your Ren'Py
script.

error: Event queue full

While running game code:
- script at line 689 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy
- python at line 689 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/main.py", line 310, in main
run(restart)
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/main.py", line 93, in run
game.context().run()
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/execution.py", line 234, in run
node = node.execute()
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/ast.py", line 558, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide)
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/python.py", line 938, in py_exec_bytecode
exec marshal.loads(bytecode) in store, locals
File "/Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy", line 689, in <module>
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/ui.py", line 70, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(**kwargs)
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/display/core.py", line 1578, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
File "/home/crash/Hatch/Software/Katawa Shoujo-linux-x86/renpy/display/core.py", line 1688, in interact_core
pygame.event.post(self.time_event)
error: Event queue full

While running game code:
- script at line 689 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy
- python at line 689 of /Developer/Projects/ks_svn/common/00library.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e
This is on an Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit sytem. Any idea how to fix it?
Crash

Re: Crash on Start, Linux

Post by Crash »

Well, I don't know what was wrong.

I got it to work on my netbook with has Ubuntu 11.04 32 bit, but only by installing renpy and running the python script from terminal.

I've heard that installing ia32-libs on 64 bit systems will get it to run, but I can't confirm that.

I'm enjoying the game a lot now. Lilly's route touched me emotionally, a lot. The game is a little rough around the edges, but still great overall. I'm playing it nearly non-stop this weekend.
gelendir

Re: Crash on Start, Linux

Post by gelendir »

For informations' sake, I've also got a 64bit system but I needed to install the latest version of renpy (6.13.5) and pygame to get it working. I'm also starting the game through the .py script (not the .sh)