Recommended unarchiver on Linux?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Nekken

Recommended unarchiver on Linux?

Post by Nekken »

What's the recommended procedure for unpacking the download on Linux? 'tar jxf' from a terminal seems to be working -disk usage is generally trending upward, anyway- but it's taking forever; I'm up to about 15 minutes at this point, and I get the impression that it's not supposed to take this long. Would it be better to uncompress and then unarchive, rather than trying to do both in one step?
Anonynon

Re: Recommended unarchiver on Linux?

Post by Anonynon »

I was able to open the archive, and then extract all the files, using whatever came up when I double-clicked it's icon. Now that I check, I apparently used "file-roller'.

This took a long time for me as well; I didn't time it, but 15 minutes for each step sounds about right, if not longer depending on your system. I don't know this takes so long, (super-heavy compression?), but after making sure the all of the files were extracted successfully, and making the .sh file executable, KS launched and ran without a hitch.
Esa94

Re: Recommended unarchiver on Linux?

Post by Esa94 »

Nekken wrote:What's the recommended procedure for unpacking the download on Linux? 'tar jxf' from a terminal seems to be working -disk usage is generally trending upward, anyway- but it's taking forever; I'm up to about 15 minutes at this point, and I get the impression that it's not supposed to take this long. Would it be better to uncompress and then unarchive, rather than trying to do both in one step?
tar -xvvf works just fine for me