Saves migration help

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
one_kid_x

Saves migration help

Post by one_kid_x »

Hello everyone. I used to play Katawa Shoujo on my Ubuntu system and, before switching back to Windows due to some incompatibilities with the drivers, I managed to back up my KS saves. After installing the game on Windows, I copied the saves in AppData/Roaming/Renpy/katawashoujo_actual_1.3 (including the persistent file, if that helps), launched the game, clicked on a savegame, then I got the following crash log:

I looked for the issue on the Internet, but I don't seem to find anything related to moving save files from Linux to Windows. Does anyone know how to solve this? Or my only option is to make a fresh start and simply skip all text until I reach my current save point? Thanks in advance! :D
demonix

Re: Saves migration help

Post by demonix »

Do you know what version you was using on linux since at least on windows save files from older versions won't work on the more recent versions, so if your persistent file is working in the windows version then it isn't a cross platform issue and is likely to be an issue with using save files from an older version on a newer version.
one_kid_x

Re: Saves migration help

Post by one_kid_x »

I believe it was version 1.3, since I downloaded it 2 weeks ago from the Downloads section. I searched a bit more on google, didn't find anything similar related to Renpy, so I started skipping scenes (since I still know what choices I took, it wasn't a problem to reach my last save point) and I finished the job pretty fast. So, sorry if I didn't have the patience to solve the problem the clean way. Thanks for your help! :D