What the *Bleep*? No Saves?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Novus

What the *Bleep*? No Saves?

Post by Novus »

Alright, so I spent around 4 hours last night finally getting into this VN, and got reasonably far. I'm quite familiar with Renpy and VN's in general, and as such I saved at every single choice. When I shut down for the night I was quite happy with my progress and looking forward to continuing....Only to discover, to my horror, that when I launched it again this afternoon there were no saves. The Load button was greyed out! I tracked down the listed location for saves and discovered only a persistent file, nothing else. As you might imagine, I'm more then a little pissed to have lost several hours of playtime, but it's ultimately not to bad as I can just force skip through to where I was...but I'm not doing that again until I can be sure that when I save something it will bloody well actually save! Can anyone help? Is this a known issue?
Oddball

Re: What the *Bleep*? No Saves?

Post by Oddball »

It's happened to other people before. I don't think there's any way to recover the saves. You'll just have to go through it again.
Not Dead Yet
Mirage_GSM

Re: What the *Bleep*? No Saves?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Actually that's the first time I've seen someone have this particular problem. Plenty of people have reported problems tranferring save games to another computer but the save games being simply gone...

One wild guess: Are you logged in as the same user? The location of the save games is somewhere in the user's Appdata, so accessing them from a different account might be problematic.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.