Skip Mode pauses randomly

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Gwazi01

Skip Mode pauses randomly

Post by Gwazi01 »

When I use Skip Mode, it pauses on random lines until I make some input on the keyboard or mouse. For instance, pressing ESC causes the scene to continue in Skip Mode, rather than opening the menu. I haven't found any rhyme or reason to when it pauses; sometimes it will pause again after only a few lines, other times I can make it through an entire scene. Full Screen versus windowed makes no difference, and if in windowed mode the keyboard or mouse input has to be made within the game window.

I'm running on Windows 7 with an AMD Radeon HD 6900. Any clue what could be going on?

Thanks!

Edit: Spacebar, however, merely turns off Skip Mode during these pauses. That breaks some of my theories :/
Mirage_GSM

Re: Skip Mode pauses randomly

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Skip mode will always halt when you come to a line you haven't seen before. Depending on earlier choices there is sometimes a short segment of text that is different from your last playthrough, even though the changes are sometimes minor.
That might explain some of your problems, though probably not all of them.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Gwazi01

Re: Skip Mode pauses randomly

Post by Gwazi01 »

Yeah, this behavior is different from the normal halting. When I hit a line I haven't seen before, the game stops until I advance text normally by hitting the space bar. The problem pauses are occuring on lines I've definitely seen before (during the Prologue, even) and jiggling the mouse a single pixel is enough to get them to advance.

Edit: It doesn't seem to be limited to Skip Mode. I'm playing through on normal speed again and there are times when an ordinarily auto-playing cinematic doesn't start until I jiggle the mouse.

Edit2: Found a partial solution with a program to constantly jiggle my mouse. It's still annoying I can't let the game run while minimized, but it's better.