Portable Saves?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
ChairmanKevin

Portable Saves?

Post by ChairmanKevin »

Hey there ! I'm pretty new to this forum and the novel, so I might have done something wrong pls dont get mad ty. Anyways, I really like this visual novel I think it's really cool ! But one thing that I'm having a problem with is the fact that I cant run this in a lot of places. (Ex. school, work, etc.) right, so I installed KS onto one of my USBs, and it works perfectly fine. Thing is, that I don't know where the saves go. So the question I have is that I'm wondering if there's a way to keep all the saves onto my single USB rather than having it misplaced somewhere deep within the computer? Thanks :)
d2r

Re: Portable Saves?

Post by d2r »

300BillionDegrees wrote:C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual_1.2

You should be able to just put %appdata% in the search bar and then open the RenPy folder though.

The files there are pretty self-explanatory once you get to the right folder.
This should solve your problem.

EDIT: The version number may vary depending on whether you have the latest version or not.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
ChairmanKevin

Post by ChairmanKevin »

Hi ! This works for me at home, as I can find my saves and things like that, but considering I have a lot of free time at school, having lunch/spares, I can't necessarily do that. Trying to find %appdata% doesn't seem to work, probably being hidden by system admin or something. Do you know if there's a way to path the save to elsewhere in the computer?
kisik21

Post by kisik21 »

You can script moving all saves to USB by creating .bat file with this text:
move %appdata%\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual_1.2\* %YourUSBDriveSavesFolder%\
Instead of %YourUSBDriveSavesFolder% type folder which you can sacrifice on USB for your saves.
For launching the game you need to move saves back. Do it from this command:
move %YourUSBDriveSavesFolder%\* %appdata%\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual_1.2\
And then launch game.
****Warning****
You need folder %appdata%\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual_1.2\ to be empty, or it will crash move command. Then, no one can play this game on this PC anymore without unexpected errors and other people saves loaded for you.
ChairmanKevin wrote:Hi ! This works for me at home, as I can find my saves and things like that, but considering I have a lot of free time at school, having lunch/spares, I can't necessarily do that. Trying to find %appdata% doesn't seem to work, probably being hidden by system admin or something. Do you know if there's a way to path the save to elsewhere in the computer?
You can try to use full path: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\katawashoujo_actual_1.2\