Would it be possible for a release in the windows store?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
rubythorns

Would it be possible for a release in the windows store?

Post by rubythorns »

Greetings,

My apologies I couldn't find a way to pm the development team directly. I have a Surface 2 and would love to have Katawa Shoujo on my tablet. Sadly, the only way for this to happen is if it's available in the app store. I was wondering if there would ever be a release of Katawa Shoujo as an app in the windows store? It would definitely expand the fan-base since there are so few visual novels available in that market in general.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Would it be possible for a release in the windows store?

Post by Silentcook »

While I'm hardly knowledgeable in the matters you mention, our refusal to port KS to different platforms and to make money off it probably means no. Please check the game FAQs for more information.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Oscar Wildecat

Re: Would it be possible for a release in the windows store?

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

AFAIK, the Surface 2 runs Windows RT, for which ren'py is not available. So, that would mean no Katawa Shoujo or any other ren'py based VN. Now, if you had a Surface Pro or another tablet that ran Windows 8/8.1 (not RT), then you could install Katawa Shoujo (or any other windows based VN) just as you could on a desktop or laptop.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.