KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.
User avatar
Fortport
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Fortport » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, maybe Fan Works or discussions, but you won't find anything about dubing in the forum dedicated to written stories.

Please keep in mind that it's fine if you do this for yourself, but if you plan to publish the results in any way you should get permission from 4LS.

Got'cha. I'm still thinking about practicing now and then, just there's nobody but me. I'll peek around more on the forums today, and see who/what I can find.

Oh, did I say Fan Fiction!? I meant Fan Works! BLLBLBLBL

*Edit

I looked at Katawa Seiyu.. but I don't know if I should try contacting the old cast, or what. Some new blood might be cool, too?

User avatar
Fortport
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Fortport » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:34 pm

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0n0HrlFbZ7m Monologue at the beginning, when Hisao's in the hospital.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1XQnDCMw4R9 Hisao & Kenji
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1XQnDCMw4R9 Hisao & Kenji



Here's some samples I came up with out of nowhere. After getting some opinions from other people on these, I've come up with the general impression they got from these.

The first sample is monotonous at the start, but emotional in the later half. Throughout all the samples, I sometimes run out of breath or have "murky" enunciation. I was practicing a relatively simple scene, and these problems were gnawing at me subconsciously.. so I tried articulation and breathing exercises. It's still frustrating, but I am trying to bear with it and get ahead.

-- In other news, though, someone from the forums has contacted me on skype! We've been talking about this and sharing smart advice.

User avatar
BMFJack
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by BMFJack » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:59 pm

KS Voice acting!?!?

I'm a huge fan of this idea (even if the public never sees it, I want it!) and I would like to take part in whatever way I can.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by SpunkySix » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:23 pm

I call being the poor guy who has to deal with Shizune guilting him into giving the Student Council free rounds of a game at the fair.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Fortport
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Fortport » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:59 am

BMFJack wrote:KS Voice acting!?!?

I'm a huge fan of this idea (even if the public never sees it, I want it!) and I would like to take part in whatever way I can.
Well, if I'm going to go through with this I need more voices. Again, my skype details: "Fortporta"
I look forward to you contacting me, if you're interested in that.
SpunkySix wrote:I call being the poor guy who has to deal with Shizune guilting him into giving the Student Council free rounds of a game at the fair.
Pff.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by SpunkySix » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:40 pm

Fortport wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I call being the poor guy who has to deal with Shizune guilting him into giving the Student Council free rounds of a game at the fair.
Pff.
I mean... I'd really like being Hisao, but I'd have to work it into my schedule, and I don't know whether I'd do a good job or not in such a central role. I might end up being awesome, I might end up being a big turd.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Fortport
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Fortport » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Still, you're welcome to participate!
SpunkySix wrote:
Fortport wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I call being the poor guy who has to deal with Shizune guilting him into giving the Student Council free rounds of a game at the fair.
Pff.
I mean... I'd really like being Hisao, but I'd have to work it into my schedule, and I don't know whether I'd do a good job or not in such a central role. I might end up being awesome, I might end up being a big turd.
It would make all my practice for Hisao obsolete, if you suddenly picked up his role. However, I am working on the Kenji one. Mmmn; I'unno.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by SpunkySix » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Oh, right, never mind then. That would be up to you then, seeing as you're the one who had the idea. If you want to be Hisao, go ahead.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
minimike96
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by minimike96 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Thing is I wanna be of some help to this but there's like 4 male roles X_X
If you need small male lines recorded I'd love to try it out. And if I don't suck too bad I could try one of the main ones (Unless they are all taken of course :P)
That one guy who likes Shizune more than the others.
Shizune>>Emi≥Rin≥Misha>Hanako>Lily

User avatar
Fortport
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Fortport » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:35 pm

minimike96 wrote:Thing is I wanna be of some help to this but there's like 4 male roles X_X
If you need small male lines recorded I'd love to try it out. And if I don't suck too bad I could try one of the main ones (Unless they are all taken of course :P)
Currently I'm doing Kenji and Hisao. That leaves Mutou, and.. and.. um.. oh, yeah! Shizune's uncle, and cousin! :D

Meanwhile, there's someone I would really like to voice Lilly. I don't know all of what she's capable off, since I haven't heard her narrate, but I have heard her voice. This leaves Rin, Hanako, and Emi voiceless.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by SpunkySix » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:52 pm

I would be honored to voice bestgirl, but somehow I don't think my vocal range is that of a short school girl. :|

Good luck finding a VA though!
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
minimike96
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by minimike96 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Fortport wrote:
minimike96 wrote:Thing is I wanna be of some help to this but there's like 4 male roles X_X
If you need small male lines recorded I'd love to try it out. And if I don't suck too bad I could try one of the main ones (Unless they are all taken of course :P)
Currently I'm doing Kenji and Hisao. That leaves Mutou, and.. and.. um.. oh, yeah! Shizune's uncle, and cousin! :D

Meanwhile, there's someone I would really like to voice Lilly. I don't know all of what she's capable off, since I haven't heard her narrate, but I have heard her voice. This leaves Rin, Hanako, and Emi voiceless.
Ooh! Ooh! I wanna be a science teacher no one is sure if they hate or love!

Must go attempt this.
That one guy who likes Shizune more than the others.
Shizune>>Emi≥Rin≥Misha>Hanako>Lily

User avatar
Munchenhausen
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:43 am
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Munchenhausen » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:24 am

You're being Kenji and Hisao? :P
That may throw a few problems up here and there whilst the two are conversing. I'd say Kenji could do with a unique voice. A voice that would stand him apart from most other mediums. A voice that is rarely heard in mainstream or [insert the opposite of mainstream here] media.

Possibly a Midland-British accent, perhaps ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon

User avatar
Fortport
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:05 am

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Fortport » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:24 am

I would resign Kenji for a better actor, sure! Or just because talking to myself is a little jarring, but, anywho, I got some more information on my progress.

I have someone who I think does a great job with Lilly, whose route I will be rehearsing and voicing first. ( We did one demonstration together, and had lots of fun. )

This route needs a voice for Akira, Hideaki, Misha, Emi, Hanako, Mutou, the Nurse, THE ICECREAM GUY, and probably some others I might be forgetting, like Lilly's mum, off the top of my head. I'm waiting for more people who are interested, and at 2:00 AM, central time in the U.S, I'll be doing another rehearsal thereabouts with Lilly's actress. Looking forward to others probably dropping in.

User avatar
minimike96
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by minimike96 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Fortport wrote:I would resign Kenji for a better actor, sure! Or just because talking to myself is a little jarring, but, anywho, I got some more information on my progress.

I have someone who I think does a great job with Lilly, whose route I will be rehearsing and voicing first. ( We did one demonstration together, and had lots of fun. )

This route needs a voice for Akira, Hideaki, Misha, Emi, Hanako, Mutou, the Nurse, THE ICECREAM GUY, and probably some others I might be forgetting, like Lilly's mum, off the top of my head. I'm waiting for more people who are interested, and at 2:00 AM, central time in the U.S, I'll be doing another rehearsal thereabouts with Lilly's actress. Looking forward to others probably dropping in.
Ima gonna try for Mutou or Mr.Nurse.
That one guy who likes Shizune more than the others.
Shizune>>Emi≥Rin≥Misha>Hanako>Lily

Post Reply