KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Fortport

Re: KS Voice Acting? Narrations?

Post by Fortport »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Well, maybe Fan Works or discussions, but you won't find anything about dubing in the forum dedicated to written stories.

Please keep in mind that it's fine if you do this for yourself, but if you plan to publish the results in any way you should get permission from 4LS.

Got'cha. I'm still thinking about practicing now and then, just there's nobody but me. I'll peek around more on the forums today, and see who/what I can find.

Oh, did I say Fan Fiction!? I meant Fan Works! BLLBLBLBL

*Edit

I looked at Katawa Seiyu.. but I don't know if I should try contacting the old cast, or what. Some new blood might be cool, too?
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

Monologue at the beginning, when Hisao's in the hospital.

Hisao & Kenji
Hisao & Kenji

Here's some samples I came up with out of nowhere. After getting some opinions from other people on these, I've come up with the general impression they got from these.

The first sample is monotonous at the start, but emotional in the later half. Throughout all the samples, I sometimes run out of breath or have "murky" enunciation. I was practicing a relatively simple scene, and these problems were gnawing at me subconsciously.. so I tried articulation and breathing exercises. It's still frustrating, but I am trying to bear with it and get ahead.

-- In other news, though, someone from the forums has contacted me on skype! We've been talking about this and sharing smart advice.
BMFJack

Post by BMFJack »

KS Voice acting!?!?

I'm a huge fan of this idea (even if the public never sees it, I want it!) and I would like to take part in whatever way I can.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I call being the poor guy who has to deal with Shizune guilting him into giving the Student Council free rounds of a game at the fair.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

BMFJack wrote:KS Voice acting!?!?

I'm a huge fan of this idea (even if the public never sees it, I want it!) and I would like to take part in whatever way I can.
Well, if I'm going to go through with this I need more voices. Again, my skype details: "Fortporta"
I look forward to you contacting me, if you're interested in that.
SpunkySix wrote:I call being the poor guy who has to deal with Shizune guilting him into giving the Student Council free rounds of a game at the fair.
Pff.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Fortport wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I call being the poor guy who has to deal with Shizune guilting him into giving the Student Council free rounds of a game at the fair.
Pff.
I mean... I'd really like being Hisao, but I'd have to work it into my schedule, and I don't know whether I'd do a good job or not in such a central role. I might end up being awesome, I might end up being a big turd.
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

Still, you're welcome to participate!
SpunkySix wrote:
Fortport wrote:
Pff.
I mean... I'd really like being Hisao, but I'd have to work it into my schedule, and I don't know whether I'd do a good job or not in such a central role. I might end up being awesome, I might end up being a big turd.
It would make all my practice for Hisao obsolete, if you suddenly picked up his role. However, I am working on the Kenji one. Mmmn; I'unno.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Oh, right, never mind then. That would be up to you then, seeing as you're the one who had the idea. If you want to be Hisao, go ahead.
minimike96

Post by minimike96 »

Thing is I wanna be of some help to this but there's like 4 male roles X_X
If you need small male lines recorded I'd love to try it out. And if I don't suck too bad I could try one of the main ones (Unless they are all taken of course :P)

That one guy who likes Shizune more than the others.
Shizune>>Emi>Rin≥Misha>Hanako>Lily

Fortport

Post by Fortport »

minimike96 wrote:Thing is I wanna be of some help to this but there's like 4 male roles X_X
If you need small male lines recorded I'd love to try it out. And if I don't suck too bad I could try one of the main ones (Unless they are all taken of course :P)
Currently I'm doing Kenji and Hisao. That leaves Mutou, and.. and.. um.. oh, yeah! Shizune's uncle, and cousin! :D

Meanwhile, there's someone I would really like to voice Lilly. I don't know all of what she's capable off, since I haven't heard her narrate, but I have heard her voice. This leaves Rin, Hanako, and Emi voiceless.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I would be honored to voice bestgirl, but somehow I don't think my vocal range is that of a short school girl. :|

Good luck finding a VA though!
minimike96

Post by minimike96 »

Fortport wrote:
minimike96 wrote:Thing is I wanna be of some help to this but there's like 4 male roles X_X
Currently I'm doing Kenji and Hisao. That leaves Mutou, and.. and.. um.. oh, yeah! Shizune's uncle, and cousin! :D

Meanwhile, there's someone I would really like to voice Lilly. I don't know all of what she's capable off, since I haven't heard her narrate, but I have heard her voice. This leaves Rin, Hanako, and Emi voiceless.
Ooh! Ooh! I wanna be a science teacher no one is sure if they hate or love!

Must go attempt this.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

You're being Kenji and Hisao? :P
That may throw a few problems up here and there whilst the two are conversing. I'd say Kenji could do with a unique voice. A voice that would stand him apart from most other mediums. A voice that is rarely heard in mainstream or [insert the opposite of mainstream here] media.

Possibly a Midland-British accent, perhaps ;)
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Fortport

Post by Fortport »

I would resign Kenji for a better actor, sure! Or just because talking to myself is a little jarring, but, anywho, I got some more information on my progress.

I have someone who I think does a great job with Lilly, whose route I will be rehearsing and voicing first. ( We did one demonstration together, and had lots of fun. )

This route needs a voice for Akira, Hideaki, Misha, Emi, Hanako, Mutou, the Nurse, THE ICECREAM GUY, and probably some others I might be forgetting, like Lilly's mum, off the top of my head. I'm waiting for more people who are interested, and at 2:00 AM, central time in the U.S, I'll be doing another rehearsal thereabouts with Lilly's actress. Looking forward to others probably dropping in.
minimike96

Post by minimike96 »

Fortport wrote:I would resign Kenji for a better actor, sure! Or just because talking to myself is a little jarring, but, anywho, I got some more information on my progress.

I have someone who I think does a great job with Lilly, whose route I will be rehearsing and voicing first. ( We did one demonstration together, and had lots of fun. )

This route needs a voice for Akira, Hideaki, Misha, Emi, Hanako, Mutou, the Nurse, THE ICECREAM GUY, and probably some others I might be forgetting, like Lilly's mum, off the top of my head. I'm waiting for more people who are interested, and at 2:00 AM, central time in the U.S, I'll be doing another rehearsal thereabouts with Lilly's actress. Looking forward to others probably dropping in.
Ima gonna try for Mutou or Mr.Nurse.