Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

trane525

Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by trane525 »

So I've made a little picture with Lilly in Ace Attorney style
ч.jpg
ч.jpg (194.33 KiB) Viewed 7010 times
and I'm planning on making a 2-3 minute video with the same theme. What I want to ask is if any of the fans have ever made animated sprites of Katawa Shoujo characters? I don't really expect anything, but still it won't hurt to ask. Thank you.

Oh, also I made this.
ace.png
ace.png (134.03 KiB) Viewed 7010 times
Last edited by trane525 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpunkySix

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by SpunkySix »

This concept has unlimited potential works.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Shizune : "...!"
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
trane525

Post by trane525 »

Made this today. [attachment=1]lilly_idle.gif[/attachment] [attachment=0]lilly_talking.gif[/attachment]
Not sure if I will even use it, but I just made it.
Attachments
lilly_talking.gif
lilly_talking.gif (67.83 KiB) Viewed 6959 times
lilly_idle.gif
lilly_idle.gif (71.91 KiB) Viewed 6959 times
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

The choice of Lilly is funny because I know a real-lif legally blind lawyer. :wink:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
d2r

Post by d2r »

These are actually quite good; well done. :D
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
ZeronosVega

Post by ZeronosVega »

This is an excellent crossover idea. I can so very easily see the two series coming together without having to make strange accommodations. Unfortunately, I have no experience with sprites so I cannot help you with that. Still, I wish you the best of luck in completing your video and I'm looking forward to whatever else this crossover produces.

Also, you did a good job with the Lilly images. It seems that Akira isn't the only one who looks good in a suit.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Silentcook wrote:This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
Isnt it fine aslong as he dosent distribute it though?
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
trane525

Post by trane525 »

Silentcook wrote:This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
As you've said it's not even a real VN, but just a fanwork like any other Katawa Shoujo video on the YouTube. Since I won't get any money for it, I don't think it's such a big problem.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

trane525 wrote:
As you've said it's not even a real VN, but just a fanwork like any other Katawa Shoujo video on the YouTube. Since I won't get any money for it, I don't think it's such a big problem.
Uhm... I don't think you quite understand the dynamic at play here.

Silentcook's comment was essentially "We're not cool with this. I recommend you stop before things get ugly." At that point, whatever you may think doesn't matter. Even if you don't think it will lead to legal consequences, it would certainly make you a persona non grata around here.

And, frankly, this project isn't worth it. So far, what you've put up is a picture of Lilly with a nonsensical inversion of one of Godot's character-defining quotes (Even if it may contain tea, what she's describing is most definitely NOT tea - the closest you could argue would be Chai tea, which is a little different than French Vanilla tea. Also, "more softer" uses two comparatives.); a bare-bones title splash screen that makes no sense (and has the tilde in the wrong place); and a sprite mash-up of Lilly with Mia's suit (with extremely jarring transition inconsistencies between the two styles).

I hate to come off as strangling an idea with potential in the crib, but, frankly, there's not much potential here, and next to no original content. So I'd recommend you do as the nice mod says, rather than pushing forward into a situation that everyone will regret.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

trane525 wrote:
— Porky Minch

— Hanako

I speak from the noise
trane525

Post by trane525 »

ProfAllister wrote:
trane525 wrote:
Uhm... I don't think you quite understand the dynamic at play here.

Silentcook's comment was essentially "We're not cool with this. I recommend you stop before things get ugly." At that point, whatever you may think doesn't matter. Even if you don't think it will lead to legal consequences, it would certainly make you a persona non grata around here.

And, frankly, this project isn't worth it. So far, what you've put up is a picture of Lilly with a nonsensical inversion of one of Godot's character-defining quotes (Even if it may contain tea, what she's describing is most definitely NOT tea - the closest you could argue would be Chai tea, which is a little different than French Vanilla tea. Also, "more softer" uses two comparatives.); a bare-bones title splash screen that makes no sense (and has the tilde in the wrong place); and a sprite mash-up of Lilly with Mia's suit (with extremely jarring transition inconsistencies between the two styles).

I hate to come off as strangling an idea with potential in the crib, but, frankly, there's not much potential here, and next to no original content. So I'd recommend you do as the nice mod says, rather than pushing forward into a situation that everyone will regret.
Well, first of all, I'm not pretending like I'm kind of a big deal, I'm just a KS fan and I like to make things that might not be perfect. And I'm not sure why you chose such a rough tone for a message. Do you always go to someone's fan art to list every one of their faults?

it's probably not only for mods to decide if it's good or not, because, as you can see, there are people who actually liked this stuff. If you want, I can delete this topic, but I'm planning to finish my work and show it to people who want to see it anyway. I can't see the reason not to do it.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

it's probably not only for mods to decide if it's good or not, because, as you can see, there are people who actually liked this stuff. If you want, I can delete this topic, but I'm planning to finish my work and show it to people who want to see it anyway. I can't see the reason not to do it.
SilentCook isn't just a mod. 'Cook is a member of Four Leaf Studios. He was one of the people that made the game.

That means one of the people that made the game said "Don't do this." He even said "please." That's a perfectly good reason not to do this. In fact, that's one of the best reasons you could ask for.
Not Dead Yet
trane525

Post by trane525 »

Oddball wrote:
SilentCook isn't just a mod. 'Cook is a member of Four Leaf Studios. He was one of the people that made the game.

That means one of the people that made the game said "Don't do this." He even said "please." That's a perfectly good reason not to do this. In fact, that's one of the best reasons you could ask for.

Fine. If it's really that important, then so be it - just out of respect to developers. I still don't understand why, though. Mods can close this topic.