Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.
trane525
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by trane525 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:32 am

So I've made a little picture with Lilly in Ace Attorney style
ч.jpg
ч.jpg (194.33 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
and I'm planning on making a 2-3 minute video with the same theme. What I want to ask is if any of the fans have ever made animated sprites of Katawa Shoujo characters? I don't really expect anything, but still it won't hurt to ask. Thank you.

Oh, also I made this.
ace.png
ace.png (134.03 KiB) Viewed 2869 times
Last edited by trane525 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by SpunkySix » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:56 pm

This concept has unlimited potential works.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by Zarys » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:16 am

Shizune : "...!"
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

trane525
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by trane525 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:51 am

Made this today. [attachment=1]lilly_idle.gif[/attachment] [attachment=0]lilly_talking.gif[/attachment]
Not sure if I will even use it, but I just made it.
Attachments
lilly_talking.gif
lilly_talking.gif (67.83 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
lilly_idle.gif
lilly_idle.gif (71.91 KiB) Viewed 2818 times

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by Zarys » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:37 am

The choice of Lilly is funny because I know a real-lif legally blind lawyer. :wink:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

User avatar
d2r
Posts: 407
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by d2r » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 am

These are actually quite good; well done. :D
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?

User avatar
ZeronosVega
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by ZeronosVega » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:54 am

This is an excellent crossover idea. I can so very easily see the two series coming together without having to make strange accommodations. Unfortunately, I have no experience with sprites so I cannot help you with that. Still, I wish you the best of luck in completing your video and I'm looking forward to whatever else this crossover produces.

Also, you did a good job with the Lilly images. It seems that Akira isn't the only one who looks good in a suit.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2523
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by Silentcook » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:21 pm

This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

User avatar
CoffeeDrive
Posts: 617
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by CoffeeDrive » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Silentcook wrote:This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
Isnt it fine aslong as he dosent distribute it though?
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl

trane525
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by trane525 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:30 am

Silentcook wrote:This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
As you've said it's not even a real VN, but just a fanwork like any other Katawa Shoujo video on the YouTube. Since I won't get any money for it, I don't think it's such a big problem.

ProfAllister
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by ProfAllister » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:14 am

trane525 wrote:
Silentcook wrote:This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
As you've said it's not even a real VN, but just a fanwork like any other Katawa Shoujo video on the YouTube. Since I won't get any money for it, I don't think it's such a big problem.
Uhm... I don't think you quite understand the dynamic at play here.

Silentcook's comment was essentially "We're not cool with this. I recommend you stop before things get ugly." At that point, whatever you may think doesn't matter. Even if you don't think it will lead to legal consequences, it would certainly make you a persona non grata around here.

And, frankly, this project isn't worth it. So far, what you've put up is a picture of Lilly with a nonsensical inversion of one of Godot's character-defining quotes (Even if it may contain tea, what she's describing is most definitely NOT tea - the closest you could argue would be Chai tea, which is a little different than French Vanilla tea. Also, "more softer" uses two comparatives.); a bare-bones title splash screen that makes no sense (and has the tilde in the wrong place); and a sprite mash-up of Lilly with Mia's suit (with extremely jarring transition inconsistencies between the two styles).

I hate to come off as strangling an idea with potential in the crib, but, frankly, there's not much potential here, and next to no original content. So I'd recommend you do as the nice mod says, rather than pushing forward into a situation that everyone will regret.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754

User avatar
Zarys
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by Zarys » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:59 am

trane525 wrote:
Silentcook wrote:This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
As you've said it's not even a real VN, but just a fanwork like any other Katawa Shoujo video on the YouTube. Since I won't get any money for it, I don't think it's such a big problem.
Image
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair

trane525
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by trane525 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:52 am

ProfAllister wrote:
trane525 wrote:
Silentcook wrote:This does not actually thrill us very much, since it gets a bit too close to using assets from KS in another VN, even though it'd be a fake one. Please don't. :?
As you've said it's not even a real VN, but just a fanwork like any other Katawa Shoujo video on the YouTube. Since I won't get any money for it, I don't think it's such a big problem.
Uhm... I don't think you quite understand the dynamic at play here.

Silentcook's comment was essentially "We're not cool with this. I recommend you stop before things get ugly." At that point, whatever you may think doesn't matter. Even if you don't think it will lead to legal consequences, it would certainly make you a persona non grata around here.

And, frankly, this project isn't worth it. So far, what you've put up is a picture of Lilly with a nonsensical inversion of one of Godot's character-defining quotes (Even if it may contain tea, what she's describing is most definitely NOT tea - the closest you could argue would be Chai tea, which is a little different than French Vanilla tea. Also, "more softer" uses two comparatives.); a bare-bones title splash screen that makes no sense (and has the tilde in the wrong place); and a sprite mash-up of Lilly with Mia's suit (with extremely jarring transition inconsistencies between the two styles).

I hate to come off as strangling an idea with potential in the crib, but, frankly, there's not much potential here, and next to no original content. So I'd recommend you do as the nice mod says, rather than pushing forward into a situation that everyone will regret.
Well, first of all, I'm not pretending like I'm kind of a big deal, I'm just a KS fan and I like to make things that might not be perfect. And I'm not sure why you chose such a rough tone for a message. Do you always go to someone's fan art to list every one of their faults?

it's probably not only for mods to decide if it's good or not, because, as you can see, there are people who actually liked this stuff. If you want, I can delete this topic, but I'm planning to finish my work and show it to people who want to see it anyway. I can't see the reason not to do it.

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2832
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by Oddball » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:24 pm

it's probably not only for mods to decide if it's good or not, because, as you can see, there are people who actually liked this stuff. If you want, I can delete this topic, but I'm planning to finish my work and show it to people who want to see it anyway. I can't see the reason not to do it.
SilentCook isn't just a mod. 'Cook is a member of Four Leaf Studios. He was one of the people that made the game.

That means one of the people that made the game said "Don't do this." He even said "please." That's a perfectly good reason not to do this. In fact, that's one of the best reasons you could ask for.
Not Dead Yet

trane525
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

Re: Ace Attorney Cross-Over

Post by trane525 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Oddball wrote:
it's probably not only for mods to decide if it's good or not, because, as you can see, there are people who actually liked this stuff. If you want, I can delete this topic, but I'm planning to finish my work and show it to people who want to see it anyway. I can't see the reason not to do it.
SilentCook isn't just a mod. 'Cook is a member of Four Leaf Studios. He was one of the people that made the game.

That means one of the people that made the game said "Don't do this." He even said "please." That's a perfectly good reason not to do this. In fact, that's one of the best reasons you could ask for.

Fine. If it's really that important, then so be it - just out of respect to developers. I still don't understand why, though. Mods can close this topic.

Post Reply