A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.
Post Reply
thefail12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm

A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by thefail12 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Inspired by several works; I have endeavored to write (possibly) the longest piece of fiction (or indeed, writing) I have ever undertaken; in the form of (as the title of this thread states) a divergence, crossover, mosaic series of works. The divergence is explained in the foreword; it is rather detailed to be examined here. The crossover is with Hoshizora no Memoria; another ren'Ai VN; and throughout the course of the mosaic; is planned to be in depth; and across (almost) all of the characters from both series.

For the hardcore KS'ers; it should be noted that Hisao, Emi and Rin are the focus throughout the KS-involving portions of the mosaic; although Shizune, Misha, Mutuo, Hanako and Lilly are set to make several appearances apiece.

Please note that this mosaic is inappropriate for children and those under ~16; it (will) contain/s explicit sexual content, and may contain references to drugs and alcohol by its completion.

As two more notes:
-> I am writing the mosaic in the format of a telescript; the reasons for which are detailed in the foreword
-> This piece WILL and DOES contain references to sensitive and/or controversial topics; including LGBTQC issues, GSD and incest, the adult-child divide, physical disability, mental illness and disability, exclusion and bullying. It WILL and DOES also contain other topics that may be sensitive; including one arc that focuses on familial fracturing.

Please also note that you do not need to have experienced Katawa Shoujo or Hoshizora no Memoria to enjoy (hopefully) this piece; it is still recommended; if for nothing else than because they are awesome.

Please enjoy this fanfiction with an open mind; this is entirely a work of fiction; and no reference to actual persons, events or locations is intended. No offence discussing sensitive topics is intended either; and if you have been offended by this work then you have my sincere apologies as its author and chief editor.

The file is attached to this post. Updates will be logged in this post; latest versions in subsequent posts (linked in this post as a Table of Contents). Because of the bitty nature of a mosaic I felt it best to contain it in one file.

Any comments and criticism is welcome and encouraged - assuming it is fair and constructive.


Update Log:

27th July, 2014 - First version, attached to this post
28th July, 2014 - Started a second, standardised (i.e. not typescript) version. No new plot content
Attachments
Mosaic Script.docx
The typescript version; recommended if you don't mind reading script
(41.19 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Mosaic Standardised.docx
The standardised version; recommended if you don't like reading script
(32.41 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Last edited by thefail12 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by dewelar » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Being a big fan of HoshiMemo, I'm looking forward to reading this...but only if it's not in script format. Bleah.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by brythain » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:19 pm

dewelar wrote:Being a big fan of HoshiMemo, I'm looking forward to reading this...but only if it's not in script format. Bleah.
For some reason, after reading the script it reminds me of a particular Doctor Who telescript but I can't remember which one...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

thefail12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by thefail12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:10 am

dewelar wrote:but only if it's not in script format. Bleah.
The possibility exists that I support it in two versions; I was thinking about that last night. With the two short introductions I have; its not like its too early to keep another version updated in the more traditional format. I'll work on that second version; probably be ready before the end of the day. Maybe.

thefail12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by thefail12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:43 pm

An update; not of the original but a second version for those who don't like reading typescript. The standardised version will be updated with each subsequent update of the typescript
The standardised version will be attached to the same post as the typescript updates; except for this first one.
Attachments
Mosaic Standardised.docx
(32.41 KiB) Downloaded 107 times

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by dewelar » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:03 pm

So this takes place after Chinami's ending in HoshiMemo? That sound you heard was my interest level plunging through the floor. The only thing I enjoyed about her route was the side characters and back story -- which is funny, because unlike a lot of folks, I actually enjoyed her character and the humor in the main route. Of course, all of those positive things seem to be missing from this chapter, which kind of makes sense considering the direction her route took. The only route I enjoyed less was Yume's, which is also sad considering it's supposed to be the true ending. Ah, well. I do appreciate the effort you're making, and I'll probably still check in on this from time to time.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

thefail12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by thefail12 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 am

dewelar wrote:That sound you heard was my interest level plunging through the floor.
I'm afraid so for the Chinami-You arc; but I have routes planned for most of the characters from both VNs. Chinami and You remain true to the VN but I have some divergence from both series planned to allow, for example, Asuho and Hisao, to get together; or other cross-series stuff. I feel the same way about her mannerism DURING the route; so I'm planning to keep her the same way.Currently, I'm working on the third introduction; which is for Suzuha and Aoi (not a romantic connection; obviously); after that the introductions for the remainder of the main characters (some will be shorter). Then I'll probably get on with the meat and bones and do a first day at school chapter (involving a large number of the major characters).

Also, I 'm going back to flash-play Aoi's route to ensure I get it as close the the VN as possible, divergence allowing.

On another note; some people might see what I'm doing as screwing with the source materials too much in order to make this work possible; but that's a matter of opinion.

Oh; and for those interested; I'm doing an IMHHW tomorrow and going soaring; so I'm afraid I probably won't be updating before Thursday at the earliest.

thefail12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by thefail12 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:40 pm

Sorry; no update with this post; and, I'm afraid, for possibly the next two weeks; I may be able to cobble together another chapter but please don't hold your breathe. This probably was the worst possible time to start this fic, because I'm currently on holiday; which conversely makes me more busy than normal.

However; despite the lack of an update, I have made some progress fleshing out what I plan to write. The most likely order of updates as I can are as follows: (Likely location and situation information is in spoilers)

1st: Aoi + Suzuha Introduction. Probably going to be done at the Kogasaka household with Chinami, Shino and You

2nd: Asuho, Kosame and Komomo introduction. Possibly Souchiro also (but obvious as a minor character that isn't too important) Almost certainly at the Milky Way cafe over an argument about the Tenkuru

3rd: First day at school; involving almost all of the characters (esp. including Hisao; crossover can't be forgotten!) This will probably be a static scene during a break between lessons; but there are several alternatives which I would like to explore before deciding on the finished chapter

4th: A crossover development; Hisao meeting Emi and Rin Again, likely to be a school scene

Beyond this; I have a few other plans; mainly composing of the crossover bridges to connect the two sources. The difficulty is going to be not repeating ad verbatim the stereotypical school scene; but I think that because of the fairly developed location of Hibarigasaki, this shouldn't cause too many problems. I would like to keep the lookout fairly virgin for each arc (i.e. keep it a rare location; except for a few times for each coupling); because it is always a special irrespective of the route taken in HM. The planetarium may take a larger role than it did in the VN; and I'm also considering other locations to flesh out, such as the Hisakaki Temple, the nearby village and the other town, and possibly bringing in other locations from KS further down the road. Because the scene has been shifted to Hibarigasaki entirely; it doesn't make sense to have KS scenes too early in. But please don't fret; the KS focus isn't too far away; but the basic scene needs to be established first.

Plans plans plans; and yet not an update to show. Sorry.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2524
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by Silentcook » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:34 am

Aside from how you should really "show, not tell", you're demonstrating clear and unusual cruelty to the poor semicolon. :(
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

thefail12
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by thefail12 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:05 am

Silentcook wrote:Aside from how you should really "show, not tell", you're demonstrating clear and unusual cruelty to the poor semicolon. :(
Sorry :P Habit from when I was younger. I do take your point on 'show, not tell' as well; although because of the long intermission I felt it was best to leave an idea rather than nothing.

User avatar
dewelar
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm
Location: The Fifth Thing

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by dewelar » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:11 am

thefail12 wrote:...long intermission...
You're new to this fanfiction thing, aren't you? :wink: My chapters are generally posted about two weeks apart -- and I'm one of the fast ones.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!

User avatar
brythain
Posts: 3514
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia
Contact:

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by brythain » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:27 am

dewelar wrote:
thefail12 wrote:...long intermission...
You're new to this fanfiction thing, aren't you? :wink: My chapters are generally posted about two weeks apart -- and I'm one of the fast ones.
Yeah! I made this silly mistake of not pacing myself, and before I knew it, KS Forums had taken over my life! :wink:
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)

User avatar
Oddball
Posts: 2857
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by Oddball » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:03 pm

I've got a story I haven't posted in in months... which is odd because I actually have several chapters of it finished. They're just not quite jelling to me just yet.
Not Dead Yet

User avatar
SpunkySix
Posts: 2858
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: Lost in thought... somewhere.

Re: A New Crossover-Divergence-Mosaic Fanfic

Post by SpunkySix » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:47 pm

dewelar wrote:
thefail12 wrote:...long intermission...
You're new to this fanfiction thing, aren't you? :wink: My chapters are generally posted about two weeks apart -- and I'm one of the fast ones.
Remember that time I spent 3/4 of a year putting off a chapter? Yeah...
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"

Post Reply