Emi Ibarazaki Cosplay

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

KeiichiO

Re: Emi Ibarazaki Cosplay

Post by KeiichiO »

Leaty wrote:Can we please, please let this thread die?

Seriously, message boards are a public space, not a men's space, and sometimes you guys get really complacent in forgetting that there are girls who read these forums too, myself included. I can only speak for myself, but some of the posters in this thread are really creeping me the hell out. The original poster is long gone; there is literally no need to keep posting in this thread unless you're hellbent on alienating every female on these forums.

Mods, I'd really love it if this thread could be closed, and failing that, I would beg the posters in this thread to please show a little more class and leave this be.
Oh, because all girls are delicate flowers that when subject to anything but rainbows and sunshine, they wither away. Also, I believe Spunky said she'd like to come back and continue her cosplaying, so there's no reason to lock this thread just yet. I do agree that some people went a little too far, but what-the-fuck-ever. This is the internet. Get over it.

You should take the advice I gave to Oddball earlier. No one likes party poopers. Plus, you posting shit like this isn't helping whatsoever.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Oh, because all girls are delicate flowers that when subject to anything but rainbows and sunshine, they wither away.
They're not, but that's no reason to go out of your way to alienate them or creep them out.
Also, I believe Spunky said she'd like to come back and continue her cosplaying, so there's no reason to lock this thread just yet.

She left in May. She hasn't been back since. Somebody actually had to go track her down and say they wanted her to continue to post more picture of herself.
You should take the advice I gave to Oddball earlier.
You should stop giving advice. You're not good at it.
No one likes party poopers. Plus, you posting shit like this isn't helping whatsoever.
Frankly, this party is one that needs pooping... (God that sounds horrible.) Nobody likes creepy guys on the internet drooling over pictures of girls and tracking them down saying they want more pictures of them, either, except other creepy nerds.
Not Dead Yet
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

KeiichiO wrote:Oh, because all girls are delicate flowers that when subject to anything but rainbows and sunshine, they wither away. Also, I believe Spunky said she'd like to come back and continue her cosplaying, so there's no reason to lock this thread just yet. I do agree that some people went a little too far, but what-the-fuck-ever. This is the internet. Get over it.

You should take the advice I gave to Oddball earlier. No one likes party poopers. Plus, you posting shit like this isn't helping whatsoever.
Thanks for deliberately misinterpreting literally everything that I said.

Guess what? Delicate or not (and I have a storied military career that says you're a dick for implying I'm delicate,) women all across the spectrum of femininity can still find men's comments to be gross or disrespectful, and looking over this thread, I'm not seeing a ton of comments that aren't. You are alienating girls on this forum by being pigs. Period.

"Being a party pooper." Get over yourself. There's no party here. There's just boys showing their complete lack of regard for anyone but themselves.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Oddball wrote:*Stuff*
Opinions aside, you're not a moderator, so you have no business telling people how to post. You succeed at only making yourself look like an ass.

Now, in my personal opinion, people like you rent-a-modding it up in here is what's driving this thread to chaos, not the admirers.
Leaty wrote:Thanks for deliberately misinterpreting literally everything that I said.

Guess what? Delicate or not (and I have a storied military career that says you're a dick for implying I'm delicate,) women all across the spectrum of femininity can still find men's comments to be gross or disrespectful, and looking over this thread, I'm not seeing a ton of comments that aren't. You are alienating girls on this forum by being pigs. Period.

"Being a party pooper." Get over yourself. There's no party here. There's just boys showing their complete lack of regard for anyone but themselves.
When did I ever imply that you were delicate, lady? Never?? Exactly.

Again, this is the internet. Get the fuck over it.
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

KeiichiO wrote:When did I ever imply that you were delicate, lady? Never?? Exactly.
There's no way you're so obtuse that you can't see precisely how you implied it. Sorry, I'm not biting.
KeiichiO wrote:Again, this is the internet. Get the fuck over it.
"Yay, this is the internet, and I can't be held responsible for what I say, so I'm going to gum up every site I tread to on the internet with my disrespectful and disgusting feelings about women so that the only people still willing to tolerate these spaces are men who have as crappy an attitude as I do!"

Grow up.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Leaty wrote:*Blah blah blah, feminist mumbo jumbo*
Oh look, a feminist! Where's a Kenji when you need one...

Anyways, I don't want any part of this anymore. Continue ruling the Earth like the goddess you clearly are.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Leaty wrote:Can we please, please let this thread die?

Seriously, message boards are a public space, not a men's space, and sometimes you guys get really complacent in forgetting that there are girls who read these forums too, myself included. I can only speak for myself, but some of the posters in this thread are really creeping me the hell out. The original poster is long gone; there is literally no need to keep posting in this thread unless you're hellbent on alienating every female on these forums.

Mods, I'd really love it if this thread could be closed, and failing that, I would beg the posters in this thread to please show a little more class and leave this be.
Why are we STILL trying to make this a gender issue? The vast majority of the comments here have literally nothing to do with this person being a girl. I can't speak for everybody, but I want to see more of this cosplay because it's really freaking accurate and shows potential, not because of some creepy agenda that you and others keep assuming I have. TC herself expressed interest in continuing this, and was extremely happy that I had contacted her again, going as far as to call it, and I quote, "sweet".

These assumptions are getting ridiculous, and they're way more disruptive than the small minority of odd comments in here, WHICH HAVE BEEN APOLOGIZED FOR ALREADY. The last post in here before this was a compliment on the accuracy of the cosplay, (which is 100% on topic and kind) and had no connection whatsoever to gender or some creepy interest. There was literally no reason for this comment, at all.

It's amazing too how every time we've pretty much let this go, somebody has to barge in and toss accusations around and expect people to just take it. If you want this topic to fall to the bottom, stop posting in it.

I felt guilty at first, but if I'm being real here, I haven't done anything wrong other than encourage somebody who is already passionate and interested in doing something to continue doing that something with slightly too much enthusiasm. That isn't creepy, it isn't gross, it's normal for people who get excited about things they find high quality. I've done my absolute best to be sensitive about this, and now I'm getting annoyed by the extreme overreactions and presumptuous attitude that is coming to this topic. This never should have gotten this far, and it wouldn't have had it not been provoked further after the problem was already solved by itself two and a half pages ago.

Now it's getting to the point where, by attempting to fix some imaginary problem, you have clogged up an otherwise awesome topic, and the person I feel the most for here is TC, because she wasn't even remotely involved in any of this. It's embarrassing that she might see this, not because of the comments in question, but because of the totally needless conflict they caused. I feel like she's the one that deserves the apology if she decides she wants it, not you or anybody else. Just let it go, and give us an actual chance to as well.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I think some people are looking for an excuse to start a fight...
It will be real awkward when she does come back to post here and see all these comments :roll:
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Comrade wrote:It will be real awkward when she does come back to post here and see all these comments
That's what I'm worried about.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I think people here are just trying to play the progressive liberal hero, adressing issues that aren't really there. If they really wanted this topic to die, they wouldn't have posted in it after it went quiet a few days ago.
An American, 2014
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Comrade wrote:I think people here are just trying to play the progressive liberal hero, adressing issues that aren't really there. If they really wanted this topic to die, they wouldn't have posted in it after it went quiet a few days ago.
This thread was at the top of the forum when I posted in it, and had been for days. I would love nothing more than for this topic to die.

If pointing out that this thread makes me uncomfortable is "progressive and liberal," so fucking be it.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Leaty wrote:
Comrade wrote:I think people here are just trying to play the progressive liberal hero, adressing issues that aren't really there. If they really wanted this topic to die, they wouldn't have posted in it after it went quiet a few days ago.
This thread was at the top of the forum when I posted in it, and had been for days. I would love nothing more than for this topic to die.

If pointing out that this thread makes me uncomfortable is "progressive and liberal," so fucking be it.
If this thread makes you uncomfortable you are free to leave it.
An American, 2014
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Leaty wrote:

Then stop posting in it. The only reason it was up top is because of baseless accusations made by others, and some legitimate, totally innocent praise for the cosplay.

If pointing out that this thread makes me uncomfortable is "progressive and liberal,
It doesn't. Being progressive and liberal are fine, great even. It's the "hero" part that is grating. Stop making a big stink about what doesn't exist. The problem went away two and a half, almost three pages ago when a guy apologized for making a joke that he didn't even realize was offensive. Nothing past that should be uncomfortable, unless you're being extremely presumptuous and taking massive logical leaps in order to play the victim.

After this point, I refuse to respond until TC gets here, if she ever does. We'll see if this actually dies down or not.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

SpunkySix wrote:
Leaty wrote:

Then stop posting in it. The only reason it was up top is because of baseless accusations made by others, and some legitimate, totally innocent praise for the cosplay.

If pointing out that this thread makes me uncomfortable is "progressive and liberal,
It doesn't. Being progressive and liberal are fine, great even. It's the "hero" part that is grating. Stop making a big stink about what doesn't exist. The problem went away two and a half, almost three pages ago when a guy apologized for making a joke that he didn't even realize was offensive. Nothing past that should be uncomfortable, unless you're being extremely presumptuous and taking massive logical leaps in order to play the victim.

After this point, I refuse to respond until TC gets here, if she ever does. We'll see if this actually dies down or not.
Liberal = great? :?
An American, 2014
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

SpunkySix wrote:It's the "hero" part that is grating. Stop making a big stink about what doesn't exist.
I spoke up because people like you kept insisting that people like me didn't exist. Which you're still doing.

The first couple of pages of responses before the OP disappeared have a distinct lascivious undertone, like a chatlog on a camgirl website. "Ooh, do this! Ooh, do that! Oh, where'd she go?" It's there, it's pretty obvious, and the discomfort I felt from reading through it was genuine. I don't care if the OP didn't have a problem with it, I don't care if KeiichiO didn't have a problem with it, I have a problem with it. And if I was the only one who does, I'd be very, very surprised.

Doubt my authenticity if that makes you feel better.