How to write the characters

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

brythain

Re: How to write the characters

Post by brythain »

Just a couple of small points:

1) If you have somebody real in mind, that can be helpful—especially if you're close enough to them to see between the lines, in a manner of speaking.
2) If you have a clear theme song for a character, playing it repeatedly while writing may help you get into the spirit of things.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

bhtooefr wrote:Oh, a better example may be her "experiments", but fanon is blending with canon there.

(I know I've at least read fanfic that's implied that she will intentionally do a "bad" experiment just to troll Lilly.)
Yeah, fanon is probably blending with canon there. In the VN, Hanako's convinced that Lilly's eventually going to walk out on her the moment she gets bored or displeased with her and it seems she's already afraid to make waves with Lilly (by bringing up her misgivings about Lilly's mothering of her) for exactly that reason. Her deliberately trolling or pranking Lilly would imply a confidence in the stability of their friendship that Hanako doesn't display in the VN.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

brythain wrote:Just a couple of small points:

2) If you have a clear theme song for a character, playing it repeatedly while writing may help you get into the spirit of things.

In my case, I feel this is quite true, though I think this method really boils down to how one's "Creative juices" actually work.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic