The Katawa Shoujo Bucket List

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

cosmicmustache

The Katawa Shoujo Bucket List

Post by cosmicmustache »

As part of the "inspired by Katawa Shoujo" crowd, I began developing a list of activities and items from the game that I wanted to try for myself. That effort eventually morphed into an attempt to create a "Bucket List" of all things Katawa Shoujo as captured in the list below. I searched the KS Forum, and it appears I'm not duplicating effort here.

I wasn't entirely sure in which part of the forum this KS Bucket List belonged. It's neither a true discussion nor absolute fiction (sort of like a debate between politicians). Mea Culpa if you feel it is out of line for this location.

While I've endeavored to be as inclusive as possible with this list, I've also tried to avoid being overly "nit-picky." For example, while I've identified "Learn Basic Sign Language," being specific to Katawa Shoujo would mean specifying the "Nihon Shuwa" or Japanese Sign Language (JSL) system. I think the effort to learn resident sign language counts, and it’s likely more useful.

In the same light, you can get as detailed with your efforts to complete the list as you wish. For example, when I added "Learn how to Make Tea," my intent was not microwaving a cup of water and dropping a teabag into it. I was thinking more about a detailed/traditional method. That said, if you want to call a bag of Lipton® "good," please feel free.

There's nothing 'sacred' about this list that the reader doesn't bring to it themselves. If you see something and think, "Nah, I don't think that's important," then ignore it by all means. I'd also say feel free to add as you see fit. Indeed, if you note any glaring omissions/errors, I'd love to hear about them.

As with all other submissions to this forum, I'd say just have fun with it!

-Blessing!
CM

KS Things to Try & Do

Food
- Eat Soba
- Eat Takoyaki
- Drink French Vanilla Tea
- Drink Orange Jaipur Tea
- Learn to Make Tea
- Eat some Miso Soup
- Make a Japanese Cake
- Drink a Japanese Drink Boxes
- Learn to pack a “boxed lunch” (aka 'Bento Box') [Boxes and cookbooks are available on Amazon.com and amazingly cheap -- my daughter loves hers!]
- Drink some French Red Wine (1991 Vintage)
- Drink some French White Wine (1991 Vintage)
- Eat some Vanilla Ice Cream
- Eat some Chocolate Ice Cream
- Eat a Parfait

Books
- Read “And Then There Were None” by Agatha Christie
- Read “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” by Lewis Carroll
- Read “A Brief History of Time” by Stephen Hawking
- Read “The Crying of Lot 49” novella by Thomas Pynchon (aka “a book about an underground postal system that may or may not exist”) [Editorial: I actually found this book through a library exchange –- it sucked…bad.]
- Read “Dance Dance Dance” (sequel to “A Wild Sheep Chase”) by Haruki Murakami [Editorial: Read ‘Wild Sheep Chase’ first, then ‘Dance, Dance, Dance’, then everything else by Murakami! He’s now one of my favorite authors!]
- Read “Death on the Nile” by Agatha Christie
- Read “God Emperor” (Frank Herbert’s Dune Series)
- Read “Life of Pi” by Yann Martel
- Read “The Trial” by Kafka

Travel
- Bus ride to town for shopping (You’d be amazed at how many people have never ridden a city bus!)
- Visit Brown University – Andrew’s Hall (Bonus points for a pic in front of the 'Mural Wall' -- if it even exists)
- Attend a Japanese Festival (e.g. Tanabata)
- Visit Hokkaido (bonus points if you visit a western style farm house while there)
- Ride the Shinkansen Line (train)

Games
- Play Risk
- Play Monopoly
- Play Checkers
- Play Shogi
- Learn to make a/play Paper Football
- Play Rich Man, Poor Man

Education
- Learn Basic Sign Language
- Take art classes (Appreciation, Pencil, Watercolors, Painting, Sculpture) (Bonus points for using 'Prussian Blue' paint)
- Attend an art exhibit for a new artist
- Learn to make an Origami Crane

Other Activities
- Take up Running [Editorial: Doing this helped me lose 35 lbs]
- Smoke a Cigarette
- Eat lunch on a roof
- Picnic in a Park (Bonus points if it rains)
- Learn to use a braille typewriter (aka ‘Perkins Brailler’)
- Spend all night walking around town (Bonus points if it’s with a cute girl; Double bonus if it’s Detroit and you survive)
- School for Blind (Visit, Donate, and/or Volunteer)
- School for Deaf (Visit, Donate, and/or Volunteer)

(Hmm…should I include anything about Lemon Scented Lubricant and anal sex in a shed?...Nah!)
COSMICMUSTACHE

Don't let your life become your prison.

“Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.” - Haruki Murakami (Kafka on the Shore)
Helbereth

Re: The Katawa Shoujo Bucket List

Post by Helbereth »

cosmicmustache wrote:(Hmm…should I include anything about Lemon Scented Lubricant and anal sex in a shed?...Nah!)
You just did.

Also, I'm pretty sure this goes in the general section, not the fan fiction directory.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Helbereth wrote:
cosmicmustache wrote:(Hmm…should I include anything about Lemon Scented Lubricant and anal sex in a shed?...Nah!)
You just did.

Also, I'm pretty sure this goes in the general section, not the fan fiction directory.
That's what I thought too.
Could a mod possibly move this or?
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

communistmustache wrote:smoke a cigarette
Don't.
really
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

I've actually considered attending Brown University, but I don't know what degree I'd get.
Fealow

Post by Fealow »

You forgot to add this.

Relationships:
- Date an amputee
- Date a burn victim
- Date a blind girl
- Date a deaf girl
- Fall off a roof
- Annoy 6 disabled girls until they hate you.
- Flirt with a nurse

etc....