Visual Novel creating anyone?

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

AledanTheGreat

Visual Novel creating anyone?

Post by AledanTheGreat »

Katawa shoujo fans, I'm making a visual novel. I'm using ren'py for the creation, but I'd like people to help write, give me ideas, or overall a digital artist would be absoloutely ideal. If you fit into any one of the above categories, or just want to be involved, private message me (username-AledanTheGreat). Thank you.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: Visual Novel creating anyone?

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

Friendly word of advice; if you're going to ask for people to join your project, it would help to actually a) have a project idea in mind; and b) tell people what it is. It sounds like that, right now, you don't have any ideas, don't do art and may or may not do writing. That leads me to question what you'd even be doing in your own project, assuming you even get one going. Perhaps it might be a good idea to figure out what you're doing before you, y'know, do it.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

Is it going to be a comedy, drama, romance, action, horror, a combo? is the setting modern, future, medieval, fantasy, space, a world made completely out of squirrels? Is there some kind of central theme you want to express? Is there one protagonists, or several? If there is several do you get to play as all of them, or only as one? Again, if there are several how do they get along? How will it begin? When will it end? How does it begin, and end? Is there some kind of moral to the story? These are all things to consider when writting a story that isn't based off of an already created world.
matty_poo

Post by matty_poo »

I'd be willing to give a hand with the writing, afraid I can't do much else.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You want people to give you ideas? I can give you ideas!

You're Abraham Lincoln. You pilot a giant robot that combies with other robots to form an even bigger giant robot. Your fellow robot pilots include Sherlock Holmes, Rambo, Vanilla Ice, John Henry the steel driving man, and a bunch of ducks in a trenchcoat like on that one Farside cartoon.

When you're not saving the world from giant monsters, you attend highschool (despite looking like you're 45.) You don't fit in because all the girls are cute anime monster girls and all the guys are 80s action movie cliches.

Your goal is to find true love, save the world from monsters, and travel back in time and be elected president.

The game includes an option to turn off the sex scenes. if you choose this, instead of having sex with the girls at various points, the two of you instead will debate classic works of literature with them.

There we go. That should get you started.
Not Dead Yet
BlackWaltzTheThird

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

10/10 GOTY
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
LorSquirrel

Post by LorSquirrel »

For what it's worth I would also be willing to help with writing.
fireye9

Post by fireye9 »

Any type of writing I'm; any consulting really.
TheOtherKind

Post by TheOtherKind »

I'd be interested in writing for the Abe Lincoln idea a few posts up. Just saying. >.>
That feel when the when Emi reminds you of yourself.
Vindicator N

Post by Vindicator N »

Oddball wrote:You want people to give you ideas? I can give you ideas!

You're Abraham Lincoln. You pilot a giant robot that combies with other robots to form an even bigger giant robot. Your fellow robot pilots include Sherlock Holmes, Rambo, Vanilla Ice, John Henry the steel driving man, and a bunch of ducks in a trenchcoat like on that one Farside cartoon.

When you're not saving the world from giant monsters, you attend highschool (despite looking like you're 45.) You don't fit in because all the girls are cute anime monster girls and all the guys are 80s action movie cliches.

Your goal is to find true love, save the world from monsters, and travel back in time and be elected president.

The game includes an option to turn off the sex scenes. if you choose this, instead of having sex with the girls at various points, the two of you instead will debate classic works of literature with them.

There we go. That should get you started.
I'm seriously hoping someone is making this :lol:
A good soldier never dies... he just fades away...
Rupa123

On the topic of making a Visual Novel....

Post by Rupa123 »

Since I'm not sure what the protocol of posting your own personal projects here, I thought I'd use this already existing topic to promote a project my friend is working on.

The story follows a high school student who's intelligent, but drawn to the delinquent lifestyle. The main character is not a "hero," who makes the decision joining a gang in hopes of using his smarts to eventually working his way up. The story follows his involvement in the gang and falling in love with a girl, which ultimately leads to a violent end. I'm not great at summarizing this, but the creator made a post about the story with character descriptions and sketches here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=26115

If you'd like to help us out, there are some positions open:
-Musician
-Sprite Artist
-Background Artist

We're also open to some creative input. We're just one artist short of being able to make a demo, so if you or anyone you know can help out, that'd be fantastic.
You can PM me on this forum or add one of us on Steam:
Me: Rupa123
Creator (jimbomiller) : Idea pro
Coder: Xenu