Katawa Shoujo Figures

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

ThatLankyBastard

Katawa Shoujo Figures

Post by ThatLankyBastard »

What does the Katawa Shoujo Forum think of figures of their favorite girls?
Do I have your attention?
Here's a pic of mine...

Update: 25/06/2013

I have pictures of the Emi figure up now, skip to page 3 if you're interested.
As always, PM me if you have any questions about the figures.

Update: 22/07/2013

And look at that, someone is having a Shizune figure made too!
Skip over to page 4 to see that...

3 girls down, 3 to go...
....and a Kenji... I want a Kenji too...
Attachments
Rin's route taught me true sadness.
Rin's route taught me true sadness.
IMG_5050 (25%).jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 27146 times
Last edited by ThatLankyBastard on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KeiichiO

Re: Katawa Shoujo Figures

Post by KeiichiO »

Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodmyhodog

I NEEEEEED~ IT.
ThatLankyBastard

KeiichiO wrote:Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodmyhodog

I NEEEEEED~ IT.
Glad to hear there is at least SOME interest here...

Now, hypothetically speaking, if you had a chance to purchase a figure of your favourite KS character how much would Katawa Shoujo Forum be willing to spend?

Let me explain...

I am in contact with a company that makes custom figures. The Figure pictured cost me close to 700 USD. Now, before you back out thinking "man, that is WAAY too much more for me to spend on a figure!" read a little further.

The way the company works is that it costs 400-500$ for a 7 inch figure to be made of your favourite character, and then 250$ for each additional figure. Therefore, if you can find a few people that want the same figure, and you all split the cost evenly, you can all have the figures for a dramatically lower (but still relatively costly) price.

Right now, I am in the process of ordering a figure of Emi to go along with my Rin... I came here wondering if anyone from the Forum would want to join me.

Emi or Rin not your favourite character? If you can find a few people willing to pay for quality, I'll give you the contact information for the company...

If you are interested, but have questions about me/the figure/ or the company, don't be afraid to ask...
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Its very sweet and well done :D I think its real shame KS has no official merchandise.
"... No matter how people see me as, pariah or paragon, I am but myself."
-FL
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

While that's incredibly awesome looking, I've never in my life saw a figured I was willing to pay over a hundred dollars for.
Not Dead Yet
ThatLankyBastard

Oddball wrote:While that's incredibly awesome looking, I've never in my life saw a figured I was willing to pay over a hundred dollars for.
Damn shame.

Do I regret spending that much on a 7 inch tall figure? Not at all...

As it is right now, me and two other people i met on /ksg/ are getting the figures of Emi done, so when split evenly it works out to just over 300$ each... I figured I'd at least find one or two people willing to join in on owning a pretty much one-of-a-kind figure of their favorite legless runner.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

ThatLankyBastard wrote:
Oddball wrote:While that's incredibly awesome looking, I've never in my life saw a figured I was willing to pay over a hundred dollars for.
Damn shame.

Do I regret spending that much on a 7 inch tall figure? Not at all...

As it is right now, me and two other people i met on /ksg/ are getting the figures of Emi done, so when split evenly it works out to just over 300$ each... I figured I'd at least find one or two people willing to join in on owning a pretty much one-of-a-kind figure of their favorite legless runner.
Hey, don't assume I speak for everyone. :wink:

You might find somebody else here.

I am a bit curious about the process though. You tell them who you want a figure of and .. what? I'm assuming you have to supply them with reference pictures. Do you get to see some kjind of design sketch or mockup before you pay for the finished product or do you just have to take whatever they give you?
Not Dead Yet
ThatLankyBastard

Oddball wrote:Hey, don't assume I speak for everyone. :wink:

You might find somebody else here.

I am a bit curious about the process though. You tell them who you want a figure of and .. what? I'm assuming you have to supply them with reference pictures. Do you get to see some kjind of design sketch or mockup before you pay for the finished product or do you just have to take whatever they give you?
You give them reference pictures (what clothes you want them to wear, what position you want them to take, what colors you want them to be), and they send you updates on the figure

Here's a couple pics of Rin in the earlier stages.
Attachments
IMG_4813(25%).jpg
IMG_4813(25%).jpg (99.32 KiB) Viewed 27122 times
RIMG2006(25%).jpg
RIMG2006(25%).jpg (77.69 KiB) Viewed 27122 times
Vigilante

Post by Vigilante »

I have other anime figures, but they were not that expensive..

Anyway, what's with the "If you can find a few people willing to pay for quality" ?
Can you just tell me how to get them to make one for me? xD

I've searched for companies that customize like this, but never found any..
Right now I don't have the money, but maybe at some point.
mateh1

Post by mateh1 »

oh my god! :shock:
but it's just too expensive I think.. $300 will be 2.9 millions here... :(

EDIT : so I just searched the internet.. $300 is a moderate price for a handmade sculpt.. dammit.. :cry:
Can you face your fears?
ThatLankyBastard

Vigilante wrote:I have other anime figures, but they were not that expensive..

Anyway, what's with the "If you can find a few people willing to pay for quality" ?
Can you just tell me how to get them to make one for me? xD

I've searched for companies that customize like this, but never found any..
Right now I don't have the money, but maybe at some point.
Yeah, it took me close to a month and almost 400 emails and messages to find someone willing to make a single custom figure for "cheap". The Company is called Cairun Plastic Manufactory. I just included that "find a few people" thing because I didn't think there was anyone out there willing to spend a metric crap-tonne of money on getting the figure by themself, it's SO MUCH cheaper for multiple people to buy multiple figures and split the cost. If you're ever wanting to get a figure use this email. This is my contact within the company

cindycairun@gmail.com

... remember to haggle though! I gave the email online before and people complained that they tried to charge 700$ for the same sized figure.
mateh1 wrote:oh my god! :shock:
but it's just too expensive I think.. $300 will be 2.9 millions here... :(

EDIT : so I just searched the internet.. $300 is a moderate price for a handmade sculpt.. dammit.. :cry:
Hehe, yeah... I had someone price me at 1500-2000 EUROS before I found this company.
Needless to say, I was rather ready to pay the price at this point.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

A couple hundred dollars seems a bit rich to me. Why not just go with a 3D printing company? I could see creating the prototype costing a hundred dollars or so, but after that you should be able to crank out as many copies as you want for just a few dollars.

http://3d.about.com/od/FAQ/a/3d-Printin ... turing.htm

But yeah, I never got why there hasn't been any merchandise. All I can figure is there were some legal hassles involved.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

But yeah, I never got why there hasn't been any merchandise. All I can figure is there were some legal hassles involved.
That, and the logistics of it.

4-Leaf is a pretty large group. Who gets the money when you buy something? Does Emi's writer gets a cut of it if you're buying a Rin toy? Do the editors and background music makers ever get a cut of anything? Then you have to figure out how the cut is divided. After that there's the currency issues. The devs live in many different countries around the world. So you'd have to take the split and convert it into the American dollar, Pesos, the Franc, the Euro, tanned raccoon hides, or whatever other kind of currency they use where they live.

I wouldn't even know where to start deciding who gets how much.
Not Dead Yet
LordShogun

Post by LordShogun »

That's a really cool figure.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Lilly > Hanako
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

You just made me regret that I worked 5 years on this game for $0, congratulations. Just goes to show that if you don't whore out your own work, someone will do it for you.