(Thread split) Fanmade Miki path

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.
naxxar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Geordieland

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by naxxar » Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 am

Well we do have a Miki route currently being made by a couple guys from KSG, they're building it into the VN with modified miki assets so if we are lucky it'll be good and finished soon
Image
Image
I don't understand signatures? Why do we do this?

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You
Posts: 2523
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:22 am
Location: Imola, Italy

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by Silentcook » Thu May 16, 2013 12:12 pm

naxxar wrote:Well we do have a Miki route currently being made by a couple guys from KSG, they're building it into the VN with modified miki assets so if we are lucky it'll be good and finished soon
I'd ask if you're kidding, but I have seen this kind of thing too often to believe you are.

I hope those people are ready to handle the take-down complaints which we'll send the minute we see anything of the sort appear.
Shattering your dreams since '94.

Image

naxxar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Geordieland

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by naxxar » Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Silentcook wrote: I'd ask if you're kidding, but I have seen this kind of thing too often to believe you are.

I hope those people are ready to handle the take-down complaints which we'll send the minute we see anything of the sort appear.
They also restored the pre alpha scripts into the VN, using modified assets and some original stuff.
Image
Image
I don't understand signatures? Why do we do this?

carrion_crow
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by carrion_crow » Thu May 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Why would there be so many complaints? So many of us wanted to see a Miki/Saki/Rika route etc. If they make a VN route version thats half as good as the the fanfics here, they should be amazing.
Akira=Miki>Lily>Emi>Rin>Hanako...........and shizune I guess

naxxar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Geordieland

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by naxxar » Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 pm

carrion_crow wrote:Why would there be so many complaints? So many of us wanted to see a Miki/Saki/Rika route etc. If they make a VN route version thats half as good as the the fanfics here, they should be amazing.
I've seen the writing, its very good. Suriko and Mike Inel were both asked about it apparently and said they didn't care whether it was done or not.
Image
Image
I don't understand signatures? Why do we do this?

carrion_crow
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by carrion_crow » Thu May 16, 2013 1:31 pm

naxxar wrote:
carrion_crow wrote:Why would there be so many complaints? So many of us wanted to see a Miki/Saki/Rika route etc. If they make a VN route version thats half as good as the the fanfics here, they should be amazing.
I've seen the writing, its very good. Suriko and Mike Inel were both asked about it apparently and said they didn't care whether it was done or not.
How long until do you think its finalized and ready? Is it just a miki route or is there more in the works that you are aware of?
Akira=Miki>Lily>Emi>Rin>Hanako...........and shizune I guess

naxxar
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 pm
Location: Geordieland

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by naxxar » Thu May 16, 2013 2:11 pm

carrion_crow wrote:
naxxar wrote:
carrion_crow wrote:Why would there be so many complaints? So many of us wanted to see a Miki/Saki/Rika route etc. If they make a VN route version thats half as good as the the fanfics here, they should be amazing.
I've seen the writing, its very good. Suriko and Mike Inel were both asked about it apparently and said they didn't care whether it was done or not.
How long until do you think its finalized and ready? Is it just a miki route or is there more in the works that you are aware of?
They have the layout of the whole route done, and a fair chunk of art and the scripty but i'm not entirely sure how much they have left. Also they said before they started that they were thinking of implementing others if possible
Image
Image
I don't understand signatures? Why do we do this?

carrion_crow
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by carrion_crow » Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Aww craps. Now I have another great thing to wait for and hopefully we'll get to see it all the way through.
Akira=Miki>Lily>Emi>Rin>Hanako...........and shizune I guess

User avatar
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:10 am
Location: Australia

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by Suriko » Thu May 16, 2013 7:19 pm

naxxar wrote:Well we do have a Miki route currently being made by a couple guys from KSG, they're building it into the VN with modified miki assets so if we are lucky it'll be good and finished soon
You can make a VN if you so wish, but we never gave clearance to use KS art assets, and that includes modified assets. 'Assets' does not just include art, but also the game itself. If you do this, you grab renpy and start programming, because no way are we going to greenlight modifying KS to add your own content.

To be honest, there is also a difference between "you can do this" and "this is a good idea", but that's on you.

Triscuitable
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by Triscuitable » Fri May 17, 2013 12:59 am

Suriko wrote:
naxxar wrote:Well we do have a Miki route currently being made by a couple guys from KSG, they're building it into the VN with modified miki assets so if we are lucky it'll be good and finished soon
You can make a VN if you so wish, but we never gave clearance to use KS art assets, and that includes modified assets. 'Assets' does not just include art, but also the game itself. If you do this, you grab renpy and start programming, because no way are we going to greenlight modifying KS to add your own content.

To be honest, there is also a difference between "you can do this" and "this is a good idea", but that's on you.
I'm not trying to seem like the "what are you going to do about it" kind of person, but how would you legally enforce that? Wasn't a major reason for KS not being sold at a premium due to the people working on the project (you included) being so widespread across the planet? Do you just enforce a cease-and-desist, like Square Enix?

Guest Poster
Posts: 1266
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by Guest Poster » Fri May 17, 2013 2:18 am

I recall them saying they didn't want money to enter the equation simply because it'd make things more complicated than they wanted to. They'd have to set up a webshop, compensation model for all the members and they'd have to fight piracy. (which, judging from the slightly anarchistic tendencies of 4Chan, I imagine would be pretty rampant) In the end, money can suck the fun right out of something that was started as a volunteer project.

In the end, voicing disapproval and asking people to stop disrespecting their license is pretty much the extent of what the team can do (there's no point in sending lawyers or C&D's), but since the audience of a Miki project would consist entirely of KS fans and since most KS fans respect the devs to a reasonable degree, ignoring a request to stop violating the license would probably give the new team pariah-status along the very audience it hopes to show off its work to.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.

Triscuitable
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by Triscuitable » Fri May 17, 2013 2:55 am

Guest Poster wrote:I recall them saying they didn't want money to enter the equation simply because it'd make things more complicated than they wanted to. They'd have to set up a webshop, compensation model for all the members and they'd have to fight piracy. (which, judging from the slightly anarchistic tendencies of 4Chan, I imagine would be pretty rampant) In the end, money can suck the fun right out of something that was started as a volunteer project.

In the end, voicing disapproval and asking people to stop disrespecting their license is pretty much the extent of what the team can do (there's no point in sending lawyers or C&D's), but since the audience of a Miki project would consist entirely of KS fans and since most KS fans respect the devs to a reasonable degree, ignoring a request to stop violating the license would probably give the new team pariah-status along the very audience it hopes to show off its work to.
That is exactly the response I was looking for. Thank you.

User avatar
Malinko
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by Malinko » Fri May 17, 2013 3:21 am

To be completely honest, as a person who visits 4chan quite often, I find it rather odd that a group of people from 4chan are so insanely worried about people crossing over their licensing. every case I've seen of someone doing so seems to be quickly snuffed out. these guys are like walmart with labor unions lol. idk just always found it odd.

User avatar
CaptainFalcon
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:53 am
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by CaptainFalcon » Fri May 17, 2013 3:40 am

Boy, that escalated quickly!
Jokes aside though I suggest conversations like the one going on above be taken elsewhere so as not to detract attention/take anything away From Thanatos's story. There's no need to create a possible maelstrom where one is not needed. Note that i'm not trying to offend anyone here, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but I don't want attention deflected elsewhere/away from this amazing pseudo-route

User avatar
Carighan
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Re: Akira Pseudo-Route [Updated as of 5/3]

Post by Carighan » Fri May 17, 2013 6:34 am

Malinko wrote:To be completely honest, as a person who visits 4chan quite often, I find it rather odd that a group of people from 4chan are so insanely worried about people crossing over their licensing. every case I've seen of someone doing so seems to be quickly snuffed out. these guys are like walmart with labor unions lol. idk just always found it odd.
It's because the artists involved also do for-pay work. They may not want their art they made for KS to be freely re-used. Hence the licence restrictions.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Post Reply