I loved the flowcharts for KS, and when I played Clannad...

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Morlok8k

I loved the flowcharts for KS, and when I played Clannad...

Post by Morlok8k »

I really loved the various flowcharts that people made when I was playing KS.
I found them damn helpful, and i got 100% really quickly.

after replaying KS fully twice in a short time, i went searching around for other VN's. One i kept seeing around was Clannad. so, after watching the anime and the afterstory anime, and the movie... I got the VN, and found the english patch.

after getting a couple of different endings, (and realizing that the anime was faithful to the plots, except it merged them all together, and the VN has them all seperate... for the most part) I realized how vast the game really was.

I was completely dismayed that there are no real flowcharts, and just a few simple walkthroughs...

SO, i decided to create a flowchart of clannad. :shock:
the main school life is by far the biggest section, and i dont have much done yet.
my afterstory section is functionally complete. Take a look!
Tomoyo After (a sequel/spin-off and a seperate game) is also being worked on.

Anyways, I got the idea to make the diagram from these forums, so even though its not totally related to KS, I thought you guys may be interested.
Link: https://github.com/Morlok8k/Clannad_VN_Flowcharts

technical details: I'm using graphiz dot to make the graphs, which is nice as you just make textfiles, and it automatically places everything. I'm using github as a place to host it, and to potentially work with collaborators if someone wants to help. I'm also used to git for version control with coding, and since a .dot file is essentially code... it was natural for me.
Niggles

Re: I loved the flowcharts for KS, and when I played Clannad

Post by Niggles »

Thanks man, this'll help a lot. Kyou's route seems short though...am I missing something? I remember getting up to the Tanzatite or amethyst choice, which is near the end of kyou's 'good end' on the flow chart, but it feels like it took 15-30 minutes to get there...
Morlok8k

Post by Morlok8k »

Niggles wrote:Thanks man, this'll help a lot. Kyou's route seems short though...am I missing something? I remember getting up to the Tanzatite or amethyst choice, which is near the end of kyou's 'good end' on the flow chart, but it feels like it took 15-30 minutes to get there...
No, towards the end there are some long periods of time between choices...

I'm glad you like it! there is still a TON of work to do...
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

I don't see how this has anything to do with KS... :lol:

Anyway, this walkthrough is really helpful. :wink:
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Morlok8k

Post by Morlok8k »

OtakuNinja wrote:I don't see how this has anything to do with KS... :lol:

Related to KS, cause i got the idea from the diagrams made for KS.

I'm aware of that guide, but its not detailed enough!
My goal is to have every possible choice mapped out... with the main paths colored.
OtakuNinja

Post by OtakuNinja »

Morlok8k wrote:

My goal is to have every possible choice mapped out... with the main paths colored.
Every possible choice would be very hard, since the are a lot of pointless choices (i.e. the Fuko-pranks) and some choices that aren't unlocked unless you've completed certain routes.
Emibro, Hanabro, [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, Two-timer
(Passively working on my KS YouTube series. Someday...)
Morlok8k

Post by Morlok8k »

OtakuNinja wrote:
Morlok8k wrote:

Every possible choice would be very hard, since the are a lot of pointless choices (i.e. the Fuko-pranks) and some choices that aren't unlocked unless you've completed certain routes.
not really, I have all the SEEN files. It just takes time to go through each path, and compare it to the SEEN files.
I cant begin to count how many times I've gone through some of the paths!

Its kinda interesting how the result of one minor choice can affect the dialog much later on.

I would have like to have the fully translated SEEN files for Tomoyo After though - i had to do that by playing through every option...
Maria_Traydor

Post by Maria_Traydor »

If you still want any help then here is a flowchart I've been recently playing with making. It's still very rough but might be able to help you in some way.
Attachments
clannad 0.pdf
Clannad flowchart prototype
(258.92 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
Morlok8k

Post by Morlok8k »

Holy crap!

Yes, that is the kind of detail i'm wanting to achieve.

what are you using to create you diagram? (and can it be easily converted to the DOT language?)

I tired out a few programs before settling on Graphiz dot, mainly as a being a programmer it seemed easier to just code the graph than to actually fiddle with a GUI based program.
Maria_Traydor

Post by Maria_Traydor »

I'm using Dia (can find it here http://dia-installer.de/). It's really easy to use and really convenient for someone like me that has almost no programming knowledge, and due to that I really can't say about converting it to DOT. Only problems I've been having with it is that the inbuilt conversion function is a bit buggy so I've had to use cutepdf to convert the .dia files to .pdf. In all other aspects I think it is almost perfect, at least for how I'm using it.
Morlok8k

Post by Morlok8k »

Maria_Traydor wrote:I'm using Dia (can find it here http://dia-installer.de/). It's really easy to use and really convenient for someone like me that has almost no programming knowledge, and due to that I really can't say about converting it to DOT. Only problems I've been having with it is that the inbuilt conversion function is a bit buggy so I've had to use cutepdf to convert the .dia files to .pdf. In all other aspects I think it is almost perfect, at least for how I'm using it.
ahh yeah, dia is one of the programs i looked at before choosing graphviz.

and yes, dia can export to DOT. at least my linux version of dia can. its the "PyDia DOT Export"

anyways, thanks for that pdf. I'll incorporate it as i go along. I work on it a bit most nights, and i have a long way to go!